Byron Jones is a building block we need

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re right. Signing Jaylon and Zeke over Byron were massive mistakes.

Just massive

Lawrence I’m willing to still hold out hope on. Nolan needs to pull his head out of his A and let Lawrence play with his hand in the dirt.

2 point stands is killing Lawrence’s game.

Don't kid yourself Catch17 has been a huge supporter of Zeke and resigning him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dalton was the 4th or 5th problem on the team last night.

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.

So have you finally figured out the size of the gap between Dak and Dalton or are you still stuck in...………………….

phildadon86

Reaction score

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.
No. We arent rejoicing. Its just funny that now that your "DROP OFF" thread has been deleted youre talking about defense. Because you're last argument was the laughing stock of the entire board.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You’re right. Signing Jaylon and Zeke over Byron were massive mistakes.

Just massive

Lawrence I’m willing to still hold out hope on. Nolan needs to pull his head out of his A and let Lawrence play with his hand in the dirt.

2 point stands is killing Lawrence’s game.

Crazy that this is the common consensus, when only a few of us shared this sentiment 7 weeks ago.

I'm glad people are finally coming around!

phildadon86

Reaction score
So have you finally figured out the size of the gap between Dak and Dalton or are you still stuck in...………………….
Hasn't admitted it. But now its the defenses fault? Amazing that when it was Dak out there he wasnt a game changer. Now lets focus on the defense and move the goalposts again. This is the reason we get ridiculed as fans.

Swagger

Reaction score
All year i've seen busted coverages and big plays.

I know many of you didn't want to pay him because of the lack of turnovers but looking around the league corners who are elite like he was that lack turnovers still got paid by their team.

We chose guys like Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke, and Jaylon Smith over a guy that can match up against any WR in the league and play inside or outside at corner and slow them down.

We've taken a lot of L's this year but losing Byron Jones was a big one.

Watching Worley out there last night and the technique he used on the Kirk TD is just an embarrassment. How is he a pro?
I was with you and said the same after he wasn't resigned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt Worley was bad. I felt Diggs did a good job on Hopkins whom he was on most of the time. For the most part the damage done by Murray was his running more so than his passing 9 of 24 for 188 however when it came to the run and picking up some big 1st downs Murray made the plays.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Don't kid yourself Catch17 has been a huge supporter of Zeke and resigning him.

I made the same mistake on Zeke. To be honest.

So I can’t lie.

I’m not foolish enough to not see Dak’s value though. So I got that going for me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL...…..amazing, yet Dak was always the problem. All of sudden you see other problems then the QB now? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

You need to stop talking about defense as you have zero credibility. Werent you the guy saying that Dalton would make the defense better?

Dalton, I guess he just isn't the "difference maker" you thought he was?

Delete your account.

You guys accuse me of saying things I never said...

Here i'll make you a cheat sheet of things I have said...

1. I've always said Dalton will get Dak like results. (Does Dak win that game if it unfolds the same way? Probably not.. He's 1-3 this year and a Watermelon kick away from 0-4.. Maybe he makes the loss a little more pretty with his empty calories when we're down 4 scores.)

2. I've always said Dak > Dalton.

3. I've always said our defense is our #1 problem..

4. Jimmy Johnson said the Defense would be better with Dalton.. I agreed with him but what we didn't take into account was Zeke putting us in horrible positions. Ball control can help a defense and I thought that was what we would do.

5. I've always said Dak is a good solid QB. I just don't think we can win with him making 40 million and signing him to that locks us into mediocrity

Anything else you guys assume I have said that I never said?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for Cowboys fans to understand how a good football team is built

1. QB
2. OL
3. DL (need to have at least 1 great DT and 1 great DE)
4. RB
5. Great TE
6. WR
7. MLB
8. Ball hawking safety

then the rest

until we understand this things won’t change

learn to build a team not pay your favorite CB
This is way off.

4 is WR (or pass catchers, really), 5 is CB. Tight ends and safeties are meaningless if you have the rest - see Minnesota.

phildadon86

Reaction score

1. I've always said Dalton will get Dak like results. (Does Dak win that game if it unfolds the same way? Probably not.. He's 1-3 this year and a Watermelon kick away from 0-4.. Maybe he makes the loss a little more pretty with his empty calories when we're down 4 scores.)

4. Jimmy Johnson said the Defense would be better with Dalton.. I agreed with him but what we didn't take into account was Zeke putting us in horrible positions. Ball control can help a defense and I thought that was what we would do.

5. I've always said Dak is a good solid QB. I just don't think we can win with him making 40 million and signing him to that locks us into mediocrity

How about the drop off comment? because that was night and day last night friend. No matter how you look at it. Dalton CANNOT be compared to Dak again. Its simply outrageous you still want to die on that hill. Your thread was freaking closed last night because of how foolish you looked.

NotForLong

Reaction score

:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I made the same mistake on Zeke. To be honest.

So I can’t lie.

I’m not foolish enough to not see Dak’s value though. So I got that going for me.

Well he is again spouting a bunch of crap..

I was very anti pay Zeke.

RS12

Reaction score
Stop with this non sense please. Front four on defense reeks. If thats the case the back seven doesnt matter. He wanted elite money and he isnt. Lawrence and Jaylon got paid elite money too, see where I am going with this. Paying him would be like putting thousand dollar rims on a car that doesnt run.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for Cowboys fans to understand how a good football team is built

1. QB
2. OL
3. DL (need to have at least 1 great DT and 1 great DE)
4. RB
5. Great TE
6. WR
7. MLB
8. Ball hawking safety

then the rest

until we understand this things won’t change

learn to build a team not pay your favorite CB

LOL every Super Bowl winner has great safeties and corners. They are far more a priority than a freakin' TE. You guys are worse than Jerry.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

Oh look at you bobbing and weaving lol

All those problems Dalton had Dak dealt with in spades and if a hand full of plays over five games had turned out differently we legit could have been 4-1 or even 5-0 heading into last night’s game.

Yet last night could have had God himself send a dove to settle on Dalton’s shoulder with a voice proclaiming him to be his son in whom he was well pleased and we still would have lost by three touchdowns.

That’s not what you said was going to happen.

You said Dak is average and any QB could do what he’s doing. You said Dalton was a better QB. You said a lot of things.

And we remember..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You seem to be anti pay anyone. Your ideal scenario is draft a team, then draft a new one 4 years later.

I hate this team and the way it is built yes..

What did you see on their rookie deals that was worth locking us into?

Who do we have right now that you look at and think.. That was a good deal?

We are a poorly built team. No foundation at all.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stop with this non sense please. Front four on defense reeks. If thats the case the back seven doesnt matter. He wanted elite money and he isnt. Lawrence and Jaylon got paid elite money too, see where I am going with this. Paying him would be like putting thousand dollar rims on a car that doesnt run.

How about you stop the nonsense. Since the market reset, he isn't getting "elite money".