BYU DT Tonga

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What's funny is Smith made a full recovery despite all of your takes for over a year and you try to spin the argument this way.

Smith recovered fully, you were wrong, no one cares about this fictional tree you're handwaving at, and you need to let it go.

It's been years at this point, stalker.

Lol, you lying sack of crap.

Now you’re pivoting to “oh, you said he’d never make full recovery...”

You community college widget maker.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Here's what I like about him. I should add that I think he's a 7th rounder, and I'd like it if we get him there quite a lot. I'd be happy with him at round 5 as well, but all the simulator's I've been doing say he's still there at 7. I like his skills against the run. I agree that his ability to get off the line isn't as quick as many would like. He looks stiff from the get off. However, it looks to me as though he makes up for that with sheer strength against the oline. He gives a good push against the guard. I like the way he sticks his hand in the air to swat the ball away when the he doesn't make it to the QB. As stated, he'd be more of a rotational 1T imo behind McNeil. However, in a rotational role, he'd give us quite a bit at 1T. From what I've seen with Quinn's defences, like Marinelli, it appears that he likes to rotate players for different effects. If this continues here, then Tonga makes a lot of sense late after taking McNeil. For me, I'm not asking for the 1T, especially at his size, to pass rush. His job is to push the pocket on pass plays and stop the run at the very least. That's what Tonga does which is my favourite part about watching him. Watch him against Wisconsin. Look at how he gets off the block of the guard when he spots the RB, and he proceeds to take him down. Our DTs (besides maybe Gallimore) were abysmal at this. How many times did we see our DTs stay locked like rams with the olineman as the RB ran past them? This would be a nice change. He and McNeil rotating would keep this happening because they'd be able to stay rested while the other is on the field attacking the RB.