Signed by Cowboys C.J. Goodwin re-signed

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Gonna be tough to trade after his injury
But I don’t expect him to be on the roster this year
I suspect that’s why we haven’t released him yet. Trying to recoup that 5th or add another 6th. They’ve cleared enough cap room that they can hold onto him as long as possible to see if some team bites.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Diggs, Gilmore, Bland, Mukuamu, Joseph, Hooker, Wright, Wilson, Bell…and even tho he really only plays ST Goodwin accounts for a roster spot in the secondary. Hard to see much room for another addition left in the secondary to carry 11 honestly. Unless Wright’s roster spot could be in jeopardy…I wouldn’t expect any draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds at CB/S.
Dallas is slow to admit their mistakes sometimes. Joseph is a dumb football player who doesn’t seem to care.
He could cost us a game!

Release him.

tm1119

Reaction score
Dallas is slow to admit their mistakes sometimes. Joseph is a dumb football player who doesn’t seem to care.
He could cost us a game!

Release him.
He may have been our best special teams player last year and he’s still cheap. As the 5th CB there’s very little downside to keeping him on the roster

conner01

Reaction score
I suspect that’s why we haven’t released him yet. Trying to recoup that 5th or add another 6th. They’ve cleared enough cap room that they can hold onto him as long as possible to see if some team bites.
Seems logical
Get him a little closer to being healthy
There’s no hurry
I’ve read he should be fully healthy before camp so lots of time to see if they can get something
Even a 5th or 6th is better than nothing

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Diggs, Gilmore, Bland, Mukuamu, Joseph, Hooker, Wright, Wilson, Bell…and even tho he really only plays ST Goodwin accounts for a roster spot in the secondary. Hard to see much room for another addition left in the secondary to carry 11 honestly. Unless Wright’s roster spot could be in jeopardy…I wouldn’t expect any draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds at CB/S.
100% agreed. Spot on, TM. No more room to draft another CB or S.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why Wright and not the worst corner on the team?

Rayman70

Reaction score
CJ has been a great team guy. Great in the lockeroom as well. High character and core special team ace. Nice resigning.

CWR

Reaction score
I was ready to move on and let Bossman / Wright be the special team guys.

But losing Gifford and Noah Brown definitely means Goodwin was needed back.

Bossman might be too stupid to remain in the league.

I dunno, maybe he grows up both on and off the field. The kid clearly has talent. I'm sick of his stupid penalties though.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yep, the Special Teams unit needs to be fed as much as possible. They're a very crucial part of this team. Good idea.

I have a feeling that this unit might do well to rid itself of Bossman Fat. He seems about as much of a curse as a help.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly I would see of someone would give us a 6th or 7th for Joseph and Wright. I was not at all encouraged by what I saw from them. 2nd year guys playing behind one of league's best pass rushes need to be much better

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ridiculous. He is on the slide now, even as a special teaser. I guess they had to throw Bones a …….well, you know.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Honestly I would see of someone would give us a 6th or 7th for Joseph and Wright. I was not at all encouraged by what I saw from them. 2nd year guys playing behind one of league's best pass rushes need to be much better
If Joseph was a lower draft pick or undrafted he would be higher regarded for his STs play alone.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Good post. I could see them drafting a CB and moving on from KJ or Wright but the CB would have to be far and away the best player available when we are on the clock. That’s unlikely so you are probably 99.9% accurate.