Caleb Williams will leave USC for five teams. Cowboys one of them

Adreme

Reaction score

So basically he is going to be a Viking, a Giant, or a Raider as the 49ers have a good QB and will not have the assets to move up and the Cowboys also have a QB and will not have the assets to move up.

JBS

Reaction score
This board is supposed to have rules against posting complete bs trash like this

DuceizBak

Reaction score
The Cardinals are likely 3-1 or 4-0 with Kyler Murray.

They are not as bad as people think. This is dumb. Does he think if he stays another year the team that drafts him then will be good?
If you go to the Raiders, you'll essentially be hoping for Mahomes to get kidnapped before you ever win the division.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that's not how it works, you are going to the worst team in the NFL because of their previous record. Bears or whoever that loser team is. This isn't Mcdonald's where you can have it your way. Unless you're a Manning.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There are only two ways I could see Caleb ending up a Cowboy.

Option A - He enters the draft, warns the Cardinals (or Bears) not to draft him, they draft him anyway, and his agent gives said team this same list of teams. The Jones would have to make a blockbuster package BUT it would be doable since said team has very little leverage. Caleb can simply not play for them so they will have to deal him.

Option B - He returns to USC for 2024 AND Dak misses next year due to injury or contractual reasons. Cowboys stink it up and finish with a record at least clos enough to move up to #1 in the draft.

Both are highly unlikely.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
In 4 years is when you make the real money? And the longer he puts that off, he's only fooling himself. I don't care who he thinks he wants to play for. Every guy coming out of college has a wishlist. There's no plan he can devise that will guarantee those 5 teams. This kids going to get a wake up call..
Well he is telling those teams I want to play for one of you, and it tells other teams dont draft me because I wont play good for you. Or I may not play at all.
It has happened before where a qb refused to play for the team that drafted him.

Teams that are bad and draft a qb first are idiots, build a good ol dl etc, then get the good qb. Use a good bus driver till then.
Houston did that with david carr. ruined his career.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I thought it was against the rules to make money from playing college sports, and that you could lose your amateur status.

Havic

Reaction score
Couldn’t he just chose to not go to the nfl draft and appear as a tryout for a team in the offseason?

Jipper

Reaction score
How can he make money at USC? doing commercials?
I'm not a big college fan but when they made it easy and legal for college players to start making money they opened up pandoras box and the sport is going to lose the pure component that i have heard many college fans talk about.

It's too bad for those of you that enjoy college football

Legendz82

Reaction score
Lets see... John Elway did. Eli Manning did.
He did (Eli) but not as bold. He said he just would not play for the chargers because the chargers front office sucked so bad. He alienated one team rather than 27. That said, I still think that was wrong as well.

Adreme

Reaction score
I'm not a big college fan but when they made it easy and legal for college players to start making money they opened up pandoras box and the sport is going to lose the pure component that i have heard many college fans talk about.

It's too bad for those of you that enjoy college football
The pure component being the colleges could make hundreds of millions of dollars off of people they are not paying. The only people selling the "purity" of the sport were those who wanted to keep making that money without having to pay the people responsible for generating it.

Legendz82

Reaction score
The pure component being the colleges could make hundreds of millions of dollars off of people they are not paying. The only people selling the "purity" of the sport were those who wanted to keep making that money without having to pay the people responsible for generating it.
I think it is right that college players can make money. I get there would be some situations like this but colleges make a ton of money off these kids while In some cases their family are living in poor circumstances. They should be able to take care of their family.

lopey

Reaction score
His plan is he won’t come out early if he can’t go to one of those teams. If he sees one of those teams drafting early in round 1 he might leave. If not he will stay and play out his last college year. He has some leverage and he is using it