Call your shot. New HC

wecasa

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that the coaching change, if it happens, will work out like it does for player free agency? Once the season is over, Old Jer loads up the yacht and goes for a cruise, while the rest of the NFL goes on a hiring spree. Then Jer comes back to the mainland and we are stuck with 2nd tier cast offs and projects or status quo with the red ball express.

At this point I don't care who gets the job or if Garrett is retained. As long as the Jones Co is at the helm, this team is doomed. I'm quickly losing interest. Tired of the broken record that is Cowboys football. Drink the Kool Aid only to be let down again. These guys play uninspired football. Too much quit in a lot of them. That said, if JER can remove himself from the equation, then a motivator is needed. Someone to hold their feet to the fire when they do wrong. All these great minds in NCAA I don't see being able to come in to a lockerroom full of NFL vets and inspire. Jer will hand pick another puppet.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I want Urban Meyer. He checks the most boxes. I don't care that he hasn't coached in the NFL. Jimmy didn't either. I think players would respect him. He's won 3 Natty's in college. He's owned Harbaugh. I have no doubt he would coach in the NFL.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Urban Meyer makes the most sense and I think the fan base could live with whatever happens.

Even if he fails in the NFL at least it shows Jerry is willing to go big and bring in a big-name guy.

For some reason, I feel like it is going to be Josh McDaniels though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban is my hope, so hes my call

It's between Meyer and Kubiak as my top choices (Depending on health. Both have had health issues. Kubiak serious health issues. Meyer healthy issues a vague.)

cellarrodent

Reaction score
I’m hoping for someone better too, but if I had to place a bet, I’d follow the logic trail to Eberflus.

I think they’d prefer Zimmer over Eberflus, but I doubt Jerry would be willing to give up draft picks in exchange for a coach already under contract not named Sean Payton, and I can’t see N.O. releasing Payton from his contract even in exchange for draft compensation.
I can't see any coach, that's well established and reputable, even considering the job with JJ calling the shots and hiring the staff? So perhaps Eberflus is the best "no name" option then?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Chris Petersen

my call.....still
:starspin:THE URBAN LEGEND:starspin:

Doomsday1976

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher? Norv Turner? Any newbie coach that is just thankful to be a head coach and won't require any real control or authority.

9of11

Reaction score
I would like Riley but after yesterdays game against LSU....Not sure about him...

bewp7

Reaction score
does any one here follow the chiefs? or knows any thing about eric bieniemy? i know andy reid calls the plays, but i read bieniemy has “input” on the offense...was just wondering what kind of responsibilities he has and what not. andy reid coaching tree is usually pretty good.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Problem i have with garret is he doesn't have much of a personality as well. He's not really funny at all, and he's not intense. He just "average". He's average when he sits there on the sideline clapping, he doesn't do anything on either side of the ball.

At least i saw licoln riley flipping out two nights ago when his team got hosed on calls. At least i see Urban Meyer's head about to pop off in games. Not only will these guys be involved with the game planning, but they'll actually maybe hold the refs accountable for once.

Garrets a liked guy around the league, but liked doesn't necessarily mean respected, or scared to play against

quickccc

Reaction score
I want Urban Meyer. He checks the most boxes. I don't care that he hasn't coached in the NFL. Jimmy didn't either. I think players would respect him. He's won 3 Natty's in college. He's owned Harbaugh. I have no doubt he would coach in the NFL.

also has some concerning red flags that need to be considered too.

J817

Reaction score
For media coverage purposes, Jerry will wait until after the SB before officially announcing he is looking for a new HC. This of course will be late into the “finding a new HC” game. Riley will sign an extension at OU, while Rhule, Rivera and McCarthy will all be hired to their new teams. Urban will decline the invitation of coaching the Cowboys due to his heart not being into coaching any longer (he has been quoted saying this. See link below).

So who will be the next Cowboy HC? IMO all the names being mentioned here aren’t the answer. Think Dan Campbell or Robert Saleh.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812958-urban-meyer-on-future-in-coaching-i-believe-this-is-it