News: Calvin Watkins: Cowboys Still Deciding If They Want Aldon Smith Back

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboyron is missed around here. IMO an icon on this board. More of him would be very welcomed. His humor is missed too.

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke can't take 4 months off without getting out of shape...dude hadn't played football in 5 years. Game shape is different and working out isn't the same thing no matter how hard. Physically i think his next year will be better for him if he gets a full camp. But i do believe he may have other issues he's dealing with and i'm not sure he even wanted to play here again.

Hmm, from what I recall he was pretty greatful to have the opportunity here. The stuff he was doing on his time off was impressive, and he seemed to have matured into an admirable young man. Hopefully he's able to keep his life together.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would guess they’ve had talks with his agent.

Dallas doesn’t have a lot of cap for a big contract.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmm, from what I recall he was pretty greatful to have the opportunity here. The stuff he was doing on his time off was impressive, and he seemed to have matured into an admirable young man. Hopefully he's able to keep his life together.

Everyone is grateful in the beginning. But after a while you hear he wanted to be traded by the trade deadline. Maybe he just didn't like the DC at the time, or the DL coach. They are gone and the Boys haven't offered Smith even a cheap deal for a reason so there is something they are concerned with that isn't on the field.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Everyone is grateful in the beginning. But after a while you hear he wanted to be traded by the trade deadline. Maybe he just didn't like the DC at the time, or the DL coach. They are gone and the Boys haven't offered Smith even a cheap deal for a reason so there is something they are concerned with that isn't on the field.

I never saw anything about him wanting out of Dallas. I saw he was greatful he wasn't traded, and felt like the team believed in him. Did I miss something?

Unfortunately mental health and behavioral issues often waiver and he could very well have fallen back to old tendencies. That would explain why we haven't made even a modest offer. For his sake I hope that's not the case.