Cam Newton signs with Patriots

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interesting......different style from Brady. Cam prefers throwing downfield. It's one of the reasons Rivera brought Novr Tuner to the Panthers as OC his last couple years. To improve Cam's accuracy and scale back his tendency going for the so-called chunk yards too often rather than taking what the defense gives. It certainly will be interesting to see how it plays out.

quickccc

Reaction score
I knew it. The Pats always make the moves I want our team to make but never do. Not saying I wanted Cam but you know what I'm saying. If Dak played in NE, they probably would have released the guy instead of paying him $40M.

they can be in that position because most players really believe they have a shot at not only
making the SB,..but winning it.

Truth be told, i'm more worried about the Packers trading Aaron Rodgers to Pats in a year or so down the road.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Huge move.

Assuming Cam can beat out Stidham, they're likely going to have to retool their entire offense.
Cam is not going to do well in NE.

That weather is not going to help him at all.

Good luck with this.

I would have thought with knees, ankles and shoulders to be concerned about he would have gotten with a dome team.

quickccc

Reaction score
Huge move.

Assuming Cam can beat out Stidham, they're likely going to have to retool their entire offense.

Years ago, it was rumored that the Pats wanted to draft Lamar Jackson but the Ravens beat them to it.
Now they get a similar QB with similar physical tools and skill set in Newton, so will Pats revamp their
offense to make Newton into Lamar Jackson 2.0 version ?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Years ago, it was rumored that the Pats wanted to draft Lamar Jackson but the Ravens beat them to it.
Now they get a similar QB with similar physical tools and skill set in Newton, so will Pats revamp their
offense to make Newton into Lamar Jackson 2.0 version ?

I don't think Newton is capable of that at 31 years old. If he ever was.

He just has to be better than Jarrett Stidham. Who I think has potential.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A healthy Cam would have given Dak competition for starting position if they would have let him.

But as I said above , our organization with poor leadership at the top can’t handle problem mannered personalities.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It looks like we can't write off the Patriots anytime soon. Bill belichick is the coach to figure out how to exploit Cam Newton and I think they've got a better quarterback now than they got rid of. Not that Tom Brady isn't the greatest of all time, but he just isn't anymore.
Right. This could still make Pats a threat if Bill can keep Cam’s personality in check and healthy.

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
Cam Newton or Andy Dalton?

I think I’ll take Dalton. That said Bill could make some noise with Cam.

Our organization doesn’t have enough discipline to take on players like Newton.
I am not a Dak Prescott fan by any measure, but if I had to choose between him and broke down cam I will take Dak and hope that he gets better.
Right. This could still make Pats a threat if Bill can keep Cam’s personality in check and healthy.
I don't think that will be an issue. Other than the occasional oddballs everyone that goes to New England knows they aren't going to be able to pull any crap and last very long, unlike Jerry allowing an Greg Hardy to smash an assistant coaches notepad out of his hands on the sidelines.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not a Dak Prescott fan by any measure, but if I had to choose between him and broke down cam I will take Dak and hope that he gets better.

I don't think that will be an issue. Other than the occasional oddballs everyone that goes to New England knows they aren't going to be able to pull any crap and last very long, unlike Jerry allowing an Greg Hardy to smash an assistant coaches notepad out of his hands on the sidelines.
I was assuming Cam was healthy and ready to go.

And his personality won’t be a problem in New England. If it is Bill will cut him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep. just another good deal by the Patriots. I wish Jerry would go to their school of thought
Cam wouldn’t work here. He’d be a threat to Dak. Plus he’s too much of a head case for a poorly disciplined franchise like Cowboys to take on.

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
Cam wouldn’t work here. He’d be a threat to Dak. Plus he’s too much of a head case for a poorly disciplined franchise like Cowboys to take on.
I didn't mean that I hoped we would hire Cam, I was referring to their ability to know when a player is at the end of their career and let them go