Cam Newton signs with Patriots

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't mean that I hope we would hire Cam, I was referring to their ability to know when a player is at the end of their career and let them go
In recent years we’ve let Dez, Romo, Ware and Murray go. Some of our best talents this era.

I’m not sure who we’re hanging on to beyond their prime? We did resign Witten but released after one year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Would have preferred Cam Newton based on talent and past production alone.
Of course but Cam personality presents too much baggage for a poor disciplined organization plus the drama he’d create with potential competition for Dak.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
A healthy Cam would have given Dak competition for starting position if they would have let him.

But as I said above , our organization with poor leadership at the top can’t handle problem mannered personalities.
Bro, you know they could have brought in Aaron Brady Aikman (his true name!) and it wouldn't have been an open competition.
Deal's done.
Window's closed.
Queue another line, as the British say.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bro, you know they could have brought in Aaron Brady Aikman (his true name!) and it wouldn't have been an open competition.
Deal's done.
Window's closed.
Queue another line, as the British say.
Yep . And why they wouldn’t bring them in.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Of course but Cam personality presents too much baggage for a poor disciplined organization plus the drama he’d create with potential competition for Dak.

That may be true under Garrett but McCarthy is supposed be the new sheriff in charge and putting his own stamp on things.

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
I know it's probably heresy on the Cowboys website, but Tyron Smith is not the Tyron Smith of 5 years ago. He is just an average tackle now. Had a chance to get something for him this year but they passed on it. Now they are paying an outrageous sum for an average tackle

Reactions: BAT

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
First loose ball Cameron doesnt fall on and he's a goner.
First drop-back and it wasn't a great 5-steps with spacial recognition?

Get yo booty outta this place.

Where's Aikman?
No?
Can we at least get Romo to do something?
Anything?

We're so screwed...

This place is out of control.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I will take a whole entire field of Daks over Cam Newton... can't stand that dude.
I can’t imagine anyone liking Cam but in his prime had some talent. If he’s healthy and Bill can make the most of it he could be a threat.