Cameron Wake

lqmac1

Reaction score
I know it's split decision whether we go after him or not on the zone, but after last night, I think we have to. We are struggling badly when it comes to getting pressure on the quarterback's, they're just sitting in the pocket all game long. Our secondary has been lights out and that's the reason our defense has looked so good. I think we can be a serious contender with a player like Wake who can constantly put pressure on the QB.

He's in the last year of his contract and will be a free agent, we might be able to snatch him up for a mid round draft pick.

Thoughts?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I know it's split decision whether we go after him or not on the zone, but after last night, I think we have to. We are struggling badly when it comes to getting pressure on the quarterback's, they're just sitting in the pocket all game long. Our secondary has been lights out and that's the reason our defense has looked so good. I think we can be a serious contender with a player like Wake who can constantly put pressure on the QB.

He's in the last year of his contract and will be a free agent, we might be able to snatch him up for a mid round draft pick.

Thoughts?

Wake, Willie Young or DeMarcus Ware. Need at least one.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't mind it. I can't believe the browns got Jamie Collins for a comp 3rd. Although the low price tag coupled with the destination feels like an F You lol.

Any interest in Haden with church and mo out?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
When the opposing QB is throwing within 5 yards and short he isn't in the pocket very long. When Wentz needed to throw down field he got sacked

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Not gonna happen...didn't you hear Collingsworth last night proclaim how great DLaw is now.....

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I don't mind it. I can't believe the browns got Jamie Collins for a comp 3rd. Although the low price tag coupled with the destination feels like an F You lol.

Any interest in Haden with church and mo out?

Would have loved Collins on our team!

Aven8

Reaction score
We need something. But I'm also not sure we didn't play the same gameplan as we did with Rogers. Keep him in the pocket and make him be a pure QB.

Proof

Reaction score
He is FA after the season.

It was a comp 3rd. We look like a playoff team now. Get him, use him for this year, try and re sign him or potentially even franchise him, and if not we have Jaylon ready to take over.

robbieruff

Reaction score

Thoughts?
I have at least 10 posts on this topic stating my strong support of such a move (also think Willie Young from the Bears would be another option to consider)...our lack of pass rush will ultimately lead to heartbreak if we don't address in anticipation for January football...moreover, our secondary strength just got put into question after this game (losing Church and Mo) so we won't be able to sit back and "play coverage"...if we want to translate the early season surprise into late season success, we need to be like the Patriots and make a move given our chances to win the NFC...

robbieruff

Reaction score
When the opposing QB is throwing within 5 yards and short he isn't in the pocket very long. When Wentz needed to throw down field he got sacked
sort of agree...Wentz did have all day to throw when the primary short route was covered and he came back to another...e.g., the middle route he hit for a first down during his second half drive...and our sacks/pressures mostly came from blitzes, not from rushing 4...I think you and I agree that we really don't have anyone on our Dline to really account for on obvious passing downs...and our secondary just got a little weaker as of last night. We need to stoke the pass rush in my opinion if we have deep playoff hopes.