Cameron Wake

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
sort of agree...Wentz did have all day to throw when the primary short route was covered and he came back to another...e.g., the middle route he hit for a first down during his second half drive...and our sacks/pressures mostly came from blitzes, not from rushing 4...I think you and I agree that we really don't have anyone on our Dline to really account for on obvious passing downs...and our secondary just got a little weaker as of last night. We need to stoke the pass rush in my opinion if we have deep playoff hopes.
I think it's OK to send blitzes since our secondary is playing decent

robbieruff

Reaction score
I think it's OK to send blitzes since our secondary is playing decent
Oh...don't get me wrong...I was screaming for the blitz once they started that hurry stuff in the second half. We were playing WAY TOO passive and they were slicing us up at will. I am just saying that our secondary has now experience two big losses (Church and Mo) and over relying on our ability to defend without consistent pressure on the QB will be a huge issue that we need to address before the deadline.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Why would the Browns give up the 1st pick in the 3rd round to rent a LB for half the season.
Awful

It's a compensatory pick which is at the end of the 3rd round.

If they can't re-sign him, they'll get the pick back. It's a no lose situation.

I think what's happening here is that people think:

Patriots = good and can do no wrong

Browns = bad and can do no right

But, the Patriots have made poor decisions in the past and have cut/traded/etc players based out of spite more than making a good move. And the Browns have a new management group that isn't responsible for past decisions.

I think the Pats can get by without Collins just fine, but if they have another injury with his replacement, that's a real problem for them.

YR

superonyx

Reaction score
It's a compensatory pick which is at the end of the 3rd round.

If they can't re-sign him, they'll get the pick back. It's a no lose situation.

I think what's happening here is that people think:

Patriots = good and can do no wrong

Browns = bad and can do no right

But, the Patriots have made poor decisions in the past and have cut/traded/etc players based out of spite more than making a good move. And the Browns have a new management group that isn't responsible for past decisions.

I think the Pats can get by without Collins just fine, but if they have another injury with his replacement, that's a real problem for them.

YR
We would still have needed to beat the Browns offer which was the 1st pick of the 3rd round.
Would you be willing to trade away our 2nd round pick to rent this guy for 8 games?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We would still have needed to beat the Browns offer which was the 1st pick of the 3rd round.
Would you be willing to trade away our 2nd round pick to rent this guy for 8 games?

My response wasn't about us getting Collins, but more about the Browns getting Collins. I think the Browns made a good move and the Patriots made an unwise move that isn't likely to hurt them.

For a compensatory 3rd, I think it's a good move for most teams. A 2nd depends on us being able to re-sign him.

YR