Can anyone name the starting SD wide receivers?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
According to their depth chart, the top 3 are McCardell, Osgood, and Jackson. But I think that's because Caldwell is coming off an injury from last season. Before the injury, I think he was their #2.

I've been sniffing around one of their forums, and they seem to think the wideout starting along with McCardell is Parker. Caldwell apparently has a Quincy Morgan pair of hands, so Marty will be going with the guy who can't separate.

Or so they think. :rolleyes:

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Osgood also outplayed Caldwell in TC. Caldwell may never reach his potential, which is a nice way of saying "BUST".

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
I've been sniffing around one of their forums, and they seem to think the wideout starting along with McCardell is Parker. Caldwell apparently has a Quincy Morgan pair of hands, so Marty will be going with the guy who can't separate.

Or so they think. :rolleyes:
Funny, I'd heard that Parker would start opposite McCardell, but the depth chart on the official site had Osgood starting opposite.

The thing is like you mentioned before, is that collectively, as a group, they produced. Points on the board and they're playoff appearance proves that they're a solid group, IMO.

I'm not pumping up SD WR corp. It's not a scary-looking corp, to be sure, but I don't think they should be overlooked, either. Having LT doesn't hurt, either. :cool:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
can anyone name the starting WR's "without looking them up" for the SD Chargers? i feel like our defense can hold LT in check, just wondering what their passing game will be like especially without Gates.

McCardell
Parker
Kasim Osgood (3rd WR).

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
Keenan McCardell and Reche Caldwell. McCardell is still an effective player, and Caldwell and Eric Parker are decent players.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Funny, I'd heard that Parker would start opposite McCardell, but the depth chart on the official site had Osgood starting opposite.

The thing is like you mentioned before, is that collectively, as a group, they produced. Points on the board and they're playoff appearance proves that they're a solid group, IMO.

I'm not pumping up SD WR corp. It's not a scary-looking corp, to be sure, but I don't think they should be overlooked, either. Having LT doesn't hurt, either. :cool:

Their oline also can't be overlooked, I think, WG.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Their oline also can't be overlooked, I think, WG.
They had Hudson Houck last year as their O-line coach, Latuna. He's in Miami now. Will the SD line have the same synergy as last year? That's a question mark, IMO.

I honestly feel that the o-line play truly only affects Brees moreso than LT. LT was doing it before Brees decided to have a career year and before the o-line was anything noteworthy.

I don't know alot about their o-line, but they didn't seem to get the pub before Brees was performing at a career level.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Keenan McCardell
Eric Parker
Reche Caldwell
Kassim Osgood
Vincente' Jackson

Right?

lspain1

Reaction score
Gates really made the difference in the red zone last year - 13 TD's. The story may be told there because we will have to stop LT first. Brees looked good to me in the one pre-season game I watched this year.