Can Cowboys finish above .500?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
Oh, you think it’s the injuries that can turn it around?

What was the excuse for the Saints game? The Ravens game?

Who is missing on offense that’s going to magically score TDs where none are getting scored?

Jipper

Reaction score
they absolutely can - if they can beat the limping 49ers this week (which is still going to be a monumental task) that would put them at needing 5 more wins to get to 9 and technically over 500....

carolina and NY are garbage - 2 there

split with philly and wash - 2 there

that means need 1 win between - ATL, Hou, Cin, TB,

Assuming they beat the 49ers this week that is a very reasonable expectation. NOW....should they get boat raced again, the wheels will fall off and its going to go the other direction

Jipper

Reaction score

Who is missing on offense that’s going to magically score TDs where none are getting scored?
no excuses, but sometimes with a young team it takes longer for them to hit their stride - they have played like dog doo but there's still a lot of football to go and stranger things have happened....though its likely they are probably an under 500 team

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
no excuses, but sometimes with a young team it takes longer for them to hit their stride - they have played like dog doo but there's still a lot of football to go and stranger things have happened....though its likely they are probably an under 500 team
Who is young that is expected to break out?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even before all the injuries we got destroyed by New Orleans in week two. The Saints haven’t won a game since. The Cowboys are going to have their work cut out for them finishing above 500. I don’t see much of a chance if we lose on Sunday. This is one of the weakest 49ers teams in a long time. They’re beat up and have a worse record than us. The only positive this season is we’ve been good on the road. If we can’t beat SF we might not win 7 games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

No, but if we have all of the injuries returned on defense it should help. Offensively only key injury has been Cooks with Ferguson return.

If we can keep our opponents from massive offensive outburst like in our 3 wins we have a much better chance of winning with our more limited offense this year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No, but if we have all of the injuries returned on defense it should help. Offensively only key injury has been Cooks with Ferguson return.

If we can keep our opponents from massive offensive outburst like in our 3 wins we have a much better chance of winning with our more limited offense this year.
Why should it help?

Micah and DLaw played against the Saints and Ravens.

It's pretty obvious at this point in the season that Watson, Jones, and Fields is what made the Cowboys defense look good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why should it help?

Micah and DLaw played against the Saints and Ravens.

It's pretty obvious at this point in the season that Watson, Jones, and Fields is what made the Cowboys defense look good.
Those aren’t the only injuries we’ve had on defense . Bland, Kendrick’s and Kneeland as well.

But Watson and Jones are both Market Price QB’s regardless if struggling. That’s like saying beating us isn’t saying much with our QB.

Our defense was expected to be our strength. Our chances are much greater if we can hold opponents closer to 20 points or less.

Jipper

Reaction score
Who is young that is expected to break out?
Guyton and beebe, tough to put so much on a couple of rooks but I do think the oline will come together and that will make a big difference. This team has to run through the offense with the challenges at rb and with dak playing like 2022 dak, so they will need the line to at least give them an opportunity to improve

Shinaoi

Reaction score
The Steelers offense is terrible so that win when compared to the way they lost against New Orleans and Detroit is more telling to me. I don’t think barely beating the 5-2 Steelers is really that impressive. It’s a nice win but the ugly losses tell me more.