Can Cowboys finish above .500?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Steelers offense is terrible so that win when compared to the way they lost against New Orleans and Detroit is more telling to me. I don’t think barely beating the 5-2 Steelers is really that impressive.
Well, it’s more impressive than our wins at NY and Clev.

When we sandwich that performance in between Balt and Det I’d argue it was certainly more impressive .

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
This team hasnt gone anywhere for years but we didn’t root to tank then.
Because the coaches are on the last year of their contracts, there's a bunch of players on the last year of their contracts, this team is getting gutted after the season anyway, they've been destroyed the last four home games including the playoff game last year against Green Bay, why not start the process now what are we waiting for, this team isn't going anywhere, they can't run the ball and they can't stop the run..San Fran would be dumb to throw more than 15 times in the game Sunday..

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m two fold on this subject.

We have 11 games left and I hate bad football. I don’t want to watch another 11 bad games so I just assume they grab a pair and start playing good football!

On the other hand however, with as cheap as Stephen is in FA, and the cost of some of the Star contracts we have, I wouldn’t mind picking in the top 10 for all 7 rounds to reload this roster with blue chip talent.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Well, it’s more impressive than our wins at NY and Clev.

When we sandwich that performance in between Balt and Det I’d argue it was certainly more impressive .
I think this season comes down to the 2 games against each of the Iggles and Skins. The NFC North is likely taking 2 Wild Card spots and maybe the third too. If they sweep the Iggles and Skins they should be in decent shape for the NFC East Division title. Only way in the playoffs this year it looks like.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they absolutely can - if they can beat the limping 49ers this week (which is still going to be a monumental task) that would put them at needing 5 more wins to get to 9 and technically over 500....

carolina and NY are garbage - 2 there

split with philly and wash - 2 there

that means need 1 win between - ATL, Hou, Cin, TB,

Assuming they beat the 49ers this week that is a very reasonable expectation. NOW....should they get boat raced again, the wheels will fall off and its going to go the other direction
We just lost a home game 47-9. We are the ones looking like garbage right now. We can lose to any of the teams on our schedule.

The fact is that even healthy this team isn't very good and struggles to score. We have scored less than 20 points in 5 of our 6 games. Sure, we have a chance against teams with bad QBs, but we aren't putting a beating on anyone.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
We just lost a home game 47-9. We are the ones looking like garbage right now. We can lose to any of the teams on our schedule.

The fact is that even healthy this team isn't very good and struggles to score. We have scored less than 20 points in 5 of our 6 games. Sure, we have a chance against teams with bad QBs, but we aren't putting a beating on anyone.
Yep. It never ceases to amaze me how immensely ignorant Dallas Cowboy fans are. We constantly hear terms like "if they make a run". Or "Should they go deep in the playoffs". Only low brow Cowboy fans can look at a team full of holes with a horrible roster that cannot beat any team above .500 with a viable QB and think "Super Bowl window."

Jipper

Reaction score

I can't disagree, but the hope is they made adjustments and got healthy during the bye week and cone out and take advantage of an injured 49ers team...

I don't think they will go on a run but the question was if they have a realistic path to 500 which they do albeit unlikely

stiletto

Reaction score

The Cowboys are dog poo-poo until further notice. How any fan doesn't think so, is just really unbelievable.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
Thank you for starting a football thread....the kind of football played on the turf....of course the regulars will turn it negative real quick.
Like any game, winning always takes many things to fall into place, injuries, psyche, depth, gameplans, execution and luck. We are behind the 8 ball in most of these areas, but so are others and many will be soon...I'm not very confident on us being able to right the ship....but, I will enjoy watching the season play out.
BTW..Jerry, Dak, Micha, and Garrett all suck!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thank you for starting a football thread....the kind of football played on the turf....of course the regulars will turn it negative real quick.
Like any game, winning always takes many things to fall into place, injuries, psyche, depth, gameplans, execution and luck. We are behind the 8 ball in most of these areas, but so are others and many will be soon...I'm not very confident on us being able to right the ship....but, I will enjoy watching the season play out.
BTW..Jerry, Dak, Micha, and Garrett all suck!
90% of all unmined gold remains underground. Kind of like football players with managers seeking successes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't disagree, but the hope is they made adjustments and got healthy during the bye week and cone out and take advantage of an injured 49ers team...

I don't think they will go on a run but the question was if they have a realistic path to 500 which they do albeit unlikely
The Niners have been decimated by injury yet will still have an overwhelming talent advantage on sunday. Their OL and defense are still solid. They held Mahomes in check last week but lost. The Chiefs have the best defense in the NFL. We aren't going to offer that kind of resistance to Shanny's offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Niners have been decimated by injury yet will still have an overwhelming talent advantage on sunday. Their OL and defense are still solid. They held Mahomes in check last week but lost. The Chiefs have the best defense in the NFL. We aren't going to offer that kind of resistance to Shanny's offense.
The Cowboys are currently 32nd in the league in scoring defense .

nobody

Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
Just because they MIGHT make the playoffs, it doesn't make them anything close to a contender with the way they fold every time. To me, Contender indicates a chance at going far in the playoffs. This team? I have zero faith of them doing that. They're too soft.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just because they MIGHT make the playoffs, it doesn't make them anything close to a contender with the way they fold every time. To me, Contender indicates a chance at going far in the playoffs. This team? I have zero faith of them doing that. They're too soft.
Of course but I said “ playoff “ contender not SB contender. Big difference.