Can Cowboys finish above .500?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
Yes and Jerry would be so thankful, Mike would surely get a new deal

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes and Jerry would be so thankful, Mike would surely get a new deal
Unfortunately we don’t have much else to root for .

I’m not sure that tanking would bring about the changes most fans are looking for .

It is what it is with Jethro running Cowboys football. I waved my white fiag years ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately we don’t have much else to root for .

I’m not sure that tanking would bring about the changes most fans are looking for .

It is what it is with Jethro running Cowboys football. I waved my white fiag years ago.
Knowing Jerry we'd resign Mike to a ten year deal

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Looking at their schedule and how we have been playing it doesn’t seem possible .

But looking at the Rams last night after they had almost everyone return from injuries look like a team which can contend for the playoffs. They were 3-6 last year and finished 10-7 making playoffs .

So, should we get too discouraged if we fall below .500 Sun at SF? Im not sure , depends on whether we get most everyone back from injuries and how we play.

Just two weeks ago we went to Pittsburg and beat what is now a 5-2 on the road and the looked like total crap last week. What team is going to show up in SF.

I wouldn’t totally write us off as a playoff contender just yet. We could still back in with 9 maybe 10 wins. Hovering around .500 should keep us sniffing around.

The NFC North currently looks like could be first division in NFL history to place all their teams in the playoffs but once they begin playing each other more in division that should slip.

This team could collapse in a hurry with our tough schedule . And I could see that happening . But when I look around the NFC I’m not overly impressed once you get past Det, GB and maybe SF.
Stafford was throwing dimes, sometimes you get in the zone.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Yes. I'm pessimistic about this team, but they have the talent to finish above 500. I believe they will.

As has been said before though, the team is in football purgatory- just good enough to not draft high, but not good enough to win a championship.

Management is afraid to take one step back to take two steps forward.

shabazz

Reaction score
Well, it’s more impressive than our wins at NY and Clev.

When we sandwich that performance in between Balt and Det I’d argue it was certainly more impressive .
Get back to us when we beat a team that has a good defense AND offense.....beating the Steelers with Fields is like beating the Bengals with their crappy defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes. I'm pessimistic about this team, but they have the talent to finish above 500. I believe they will.

As has been said before though, the team is in football purgatory- just good enough to not draft high, but not good enough to win a championship.

Management is afraid to take on step back to take two steps forward.
True. But not sure they could take those two steps forward after taking one back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Get back to us when we beat a team that has a good defense AND offense.....beating the Steelers with Fields is like beating the Bengals with their crappy defense.
But the Steelers with Fields were 4-1. Best team we’ve beat. They also had one of the highest ranked defenses.