Can I get a small attaboy for that Oline?!?

RS12

Reaction score
I havent been as down on this O Line as I was last years. I think they are playing up to their ability. Still love to see another horse brought in 2012 draft.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I was very pleasantly surprised. I want to see them progress even more tho, especially against our divisional opponents.

I liked the way Holland played too. He's blended well since coming back and not gotten hurt. I have been one to gripe about his injury prone-ness before I know.

I want to see OL improvement especially in December. I think Dallas ability to control the clock in most of their games will pay off later in important games. That's when all the hard work turns into playoff momentum.

Eskimo

Reaction score
TheCount;4242525 said:
They were fantastic today and Romo showed what he can be when given time. What I really want to know is where all these deep plays came from!

There were also 3 deep balls against the Hawks that I remember.

The key has been having a running game to bring the safeties up and an OL that gives him that extra time needed to make the throw. The last two weeks we have had both so we have been taking shots.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Eskimo;4242614 said:
There were also 3 deep balls against the Hawks that I remember.

The key has been having a running game to bring the safeties up and an OL that gives him that extra time needed to make the throw. The last two weeks we have had both so we have been taking shots.

DeMarco is gonna make that offensive line look really good huh Eskimo:D :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have been saying give them time. They did a great job today and they have to continue to work hard as a unit and continue to improve. Todays game is something they can build on

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;4242439 said:
The OL was great today - their play meant we could do what we wanted. Four drives in the first half for the offense, four TDs. Not one of those TDs was on a short field - we methodically marched the ball down the field each time.

In the second half, we just worked to bleed time off the clock without committing any turnovers.

The OL kept Romo very clean today. I'm not sure if he got hit once the whole game other than the splash from the DL when he ran for a one yard gain.

One thing I was happy about was our Red Zone performance. The Cowboys impoved their status today.

CoCo

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4242648 said:
I have been saying give them time. They did a great job today and they have to continue to work hard as a unit and continue to improve. Todays game is something they can build on

Agreed.

Even so we need to be prepared for some up and down back and forth. I think the match-ups really clicked for us today. That won't always be the case - see Philly game.

Nevertheless I have never had any regrets about our offseason O-line moves. It simply was time to move on. Perhaps we were a year early on Gurode but better that than late and it helps get our cap in shape that much quicker.

So a salute to the O-line is definitely in order for today. Then after 24 hours its back to work. As much as the Skins are struggling I'm not expecting a cakewalk. Division opponents are so tough, often without regard to records. More times than not it'll be close even though I know the board will be full of 60-0 predictions.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No problem in giving Credit when due.

ATTABOYS OLNINE GUYS !

:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CoCo;4242771 said:
Agreed.

Even so we need to be prepared for some up and down back and forth. I think the match-ups really clicked for us today. That won't always be the case - see Philly game.

Nevertheless I have never had any regrets about our offseason O-line moves. It simply was time to move on. Perhaps we were a year early on Gurode but better that than late and it helps get our cap in shape that much quicker.

So a salute to the O-line is definitely in order for today. Then after 24 hours its back to work. As much as the Skins are struggling I'm not expecting a cakewalk. Division opponents are so tough, often without regard to records. More times than not it'll be close even though I know the board will be full of 60-0 predictions.

You got it. Todays game shows them what they are capable of, not something to hang their hat on. Keep on working and looking to improve as a unit. It has to get old for the guys to hear the continual nay sayers telling them they will never be any good. This lets them know the work they are putting in is paying off

baj1dallas

Reaction score
They were very good today. Free is nice and steady. Holland looks as good as I've ever seen him. Costa is never gonna be a pro bowler but he has settled down a bit and is playing up to his potential at least. Kosier did well and Smith is definitely coming along very nicely.

Galloway had an interesting suggestion this week, they were talking about the 10 "dirtiest" players in the NFL and said that Costa should try to get on that list. I actually do see a little nastiness in him at times (might be my imagination) but it would be nice to see him develop as a guy to be avoided in pile ups etc.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the offensive line played their best game this year.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
They played well but a healthy Romo and the vision of Murray are pushing them along.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;4243093 said:
They played well but a healthy Romo and the vision of Murray are pushing them along.

True but then that OL that gave up 11 sacks vs Philly looked great once Emmitt Smith was drafted. :D

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Bleu Star;4242400 said:
It's nice to see Romo behind a hungry oline that blocks for him on pass pro. Romo is unstoppable with good blocking in front of him. He has to be one of the happiest people in the world right now. It's all starting to come together on offense.

Nicely stated. The o-line is thriving now that we have a run game that the defense must respect instead of just pinning their ears back and coming after Romo. And Romo made a few nice moves that covered up some free rushers getting past his blockers too.

Nice job by the whole team in all three areas today.
:bow:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4243100 said:
True but then that OL that gave up 11 sacks vs Philly looked great once Emmitt Smith was drafted. :D

Kind of my point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;4243164 said:
Kind of my point.

And I agree with you. RB needs a good OL and an OL needs a good RB. I think Felix is very expolsive he does not seem to have the kind of vision that Murray is displaying

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4243171 said:
And I agree with you. RB needs a good OL and an OL needs a good RB. I think Felix is very expolsive he does not seem to have the kind of vision that Murray is displaying

Yup. I really hope JG is considering leaving Murray in the "starting" role and Felix the speller. Until Felix proves it shouldn't be that way.