Can Josh Rosen slip in the draft like Rodgers did?

lk8701

Reaction score
One of the main reasons why Rodgers slipped in the draft was because he came across as too arrogant in interviews. Can the same thing happen to Rosen who is also know as arrogant and rubs people the wrong way? If he slips to the Cowboys pick they have to pull the trigger.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
One of the main reasons why Rodgers slipped in the draft was because he came across as too arrogant in interviews. Can the same thing happen to Rosen who is also know as arrogant and rubs people the wrong way? If he slips to the Cowboys pick they have to pull the trigger.
Rosen looks like Rogers. He is not getting past the Giants.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That would be an interesting dilemma if Rosen slipped to us at 19. I just don't think Jerry is ready to give up on Dak, nor do I think we should.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Giants will draft him even if they have to move upto 1 to get him.

lk8701

Reaction score
I rather have Jimmy G

You would rather pay Jimmy G 25+ million a year instead of having Rosen for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract? You do know that we have to re-sign D Law and Martin? Plus Jimmy G isn't that great. Klye Shanahan can make B+ QBs look like A+ QBs. Look at Matt Ryan last year compared to this year.

lk8701

Reaction score
That would be an interesting dilemma if Rosen slipped to us at 19. I just don't think Jerry is ready to give up on Dak, nor do I think we should.

If Rosen slipped to 19 and the Cowboys passed I would stop being a Cowboys fan. I am already on the fence because the Cowboys didn't trade up for Wentz and I wanted him badly in the draft. The fact that the Eagles got him only makes it 10 times worse.

lk8701

Reaction score
Does 3 Super Bowl victories come with him?

If we have him for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract I think he can win 2 Super Bowls. He is coming from a Pro Style offense so he can adapt quickly to the NFL. Having a stud QB on a cheap rookie contract = the greatest window of opportunity to win Super Bowls.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You would rather pay Jimmy G 25+ million a year instead of having Rosen for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract? You do know that we have to re-sign D Law and Martin? Plus Jimmy G isn't that great. Klye Shanahan can make B+ QBs look like A+ QBs. Look at Matt Ryan last year compared to this year.
You might not have to pay him that much. He might only command 19-21 million. Besides Shanahan might make B+ Qbs look like A+ but you still have to execute the play. Jimmy G has turned a Niners team around in just 6 games. He completely destroyed one of the best defenses this year and he does it without much help. Just my opinion.

lk8701

Reaction score
You might not have to pay him that much. He might only command 19-21 million. Besides Shanahan might make B+ Qbs look like A+ but you still have to execute the play. Jimmy G has turned a Niners team around in just 6 games. He completely destroyed one of the best defenses this year and he does it without much help. Just my opinion.

The Niners will give him an exclusive franchise tag so he won't be a free agent. Also there is no way he will accept 19-21 million a year.

Derek Carr signed a 5 year, $125,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $12,500,000 signing bonus, $70,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $25,000,000.

Matthew Stafford signed a 5 year, $135,000,000 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,000,000.

That is the type of contract he will get. Supply and demand.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Niners will give him an exclusive franchise tag so he won't be a free agent. Also there is no way he will accept 19-21 million a year.

Derek Carr signed a 5 year, $125,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $12,500,000 signing bonus, $70,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $25,000,000.

Matthew Stafford signed a 5 year, $135,000,000 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,000,000.

That is the type of contract he will get. Supply and demand.
I am confident Jimmy won't command that type of contract. He has too little experience. I can see him approaching the AAV but it'll be something of the 3 year variety. Otherwise the 49ers just franchise him and he plays on a one year deal. For a guy who hasn't made big money he'll take the security of a 3 year deal. Maybe even a voids league 3rd year based on incentives.

But if you think he's topping the qb market you're crazy.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I am confident Jimmy won't command that type of contract. He has too little experience. I can see him approaching the AAV but it'll be something of the 3 year variety. Otherwise the 49ers just franchise him and he plays on a one year deal. For a guy who hasn't made big money he'll take the security of a 3 year deal. Maybe even a voids league 3rd year based on incentives.

But if you think he's topping the qb market you're crazy.
Oh he is getting paid, but the interest of other teams will dictate that. It will take ridiculous offer to steal him, plus two first rounders.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Pure pipe dream. Way too many teams hungry for a QB because without one, you are nothing.

visionary

Reaction score
Would you do that for Mayfield as well?

Not sure about Allen or Mayfield yet

Allen would depend on what my scouts say his talent level is but he can throw the ball and that is key

Mayfield has the talent but taking him would depend on my interview with him and the background check because he's a hothead