Can Sam Williams & Tolbert come through

RonWashington

Reaction score
He flashes he has speed . First thing is take him off ST and plug him in as Dorrance Armstrongs replacement opposite DLAW. It’s time to see much more of him one way another you invested a 2 in this guy not as a penalty magnet on the punt team . Needs to step up.

On offense with Gallup gone it’s time for Jalen Tolbert to become an every down receiver in this offense . Again you invest a 3 in this guy the doors wide open at the receiver position , Make or break as high draft capital in the much “ heralded “ Will McClay history are Williams & Tolbert .

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sam we're not too sure on, I'm not sure he makes it through camp especially if he somehow gets in the doghouse of Zimmer! Tolbert it remains to be seen

CWR

Reaction score
Sam we're not too sure on, I'm not sure he makes it through camp especially if he somehow gets in the doghouse of Zimmer! Tolbert it remains to be seen
Tolbert is good enough to replace Gallups limited production as wr3.

Williams is a mental midget and I'll be suprised if he gets through the off season without incident.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think most of us have underestimated the talent level of Sam Williams.
I expect him to break out this coming season if he gets the playing time.
it would surely be about time, or maybe quinn had this totally wrong!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Tolbert is good enough to replace Gallups limited production as wr3.

Williams is a mental midget and I'll be suprised if he gets through the off season without incident.
is turpin or a new WR going to take reps away from him?

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Was it Jimmy or Belicheat who said you can’t win with dumb players?
See Sam Williams!

Man our 2nd round picks have been terrible the last 10 or so years.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Through thick and alot of thin the Cowboys were patient with Randy Gregory . Williams can be a disrupter not only in pass plays but he’s got the speed to contain the edge in the run game . Mine Zimmer was hired for exactly this kind of project .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Given enough snaps I think Tolbert can replace what Gallup gave at a much better sal cap price . I can’t imagine Brandin Cooks not returning . Need weapons

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's Sam Williams stays on the straight and narrow he is better than Fowler or Armstrong and yes on the field he will be better and he just gets the snaps that's leftover if they put him on the field more and he's not in the coaches doghouse the man is a stud athletically his first step his speed he has passion sometimes he it's a little bit too emotional he's like way too hyped up and I like that type of player he just needs to rein it in just a little bit but don't get it twisted the man is a great player who needs to just make sure he stays in good graces with the coaches meaning in his personal life he needs to stop popping up in the news...

Tolbert ,I don't care about him I mean how many players are gonna get that many snaps and that many targets when you're basically the third wide receiver but you're probably the fifth player on the chart that they would draw up a play for the number 3 and #4 wide receivers will just get what they get it leftovers scraps and yeah I think tober probably can do that but there are other guys on this team that we liked last year in training camp we can pick up another one mid level third tier NFL veteran to fill that spot just at a much less money than gallop was making so I'm not worried about who's the 3rd or 4th wide receiver on this team at all because lamb will eat cooks will eat Ferguson will eat the running backs will eat all before those guys get any targets and we do not have enough offensive snaps and targets for receivers to go around so it's not even an issue....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Through thick and alot of thin the Cowboys were patient with Randy Gregory . Williams can be a disrupter not only in pass plays but he’s got the speed to contain the edge in the run game . Mine Zimmer was hired for exactly this kind of project .
he's disrupting a lot of drives/field position with his antics

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Williams has been pretty productive for the snaps he gets. I think you guys just want to find reasons why that pick hasnt worked out

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Williams has been pretty productive for the snaps he gets. I think you guys just want to find reasons why that pick hasnt worked out
no you're saying that, I know how to say exactly what you're saying. He still has time, but in his limited time we remember him MORE for his mistakes instead of his good plays! That should be the other way

TheDank

Reaction score
They’ve both shown flashes and are good enough athletes to get it done in the NFL. Both have also had issues getting the little things done. Tolbert just wasn’t NFL ready as a rookie on his routes and body control. Definitely made strides this past year. Williams has a horrible habit of not keeping contain on his gap and giving up outside runs. If he learns to play with discipline and recognize what’s coming at him better then he could be a plus starter on edge. I’m less sure about Williams becoming a key contributor than Tolbert even though Sam is the better athlete.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
no you're saying that, I know how to say exactly what you're saying. He still has time, but in his limited time we remember him MORE for his mistakes instead of his good plays! That should be the other way
You said you are not sure he is making it through camp. If you think they are cutting a player that had 5 sacks in 300 snaps then you are high

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They’ve both shown flashes and are good enough athletes to get it done in the NFL. Both have also had issues getting the little things done. Tolbert just wasn’t NFL ready as a rookie on his routes and body control. Definitely made strides this past year. Williams has a horrible habit of not keeping contain on his gap and giving up outside runs. If he learns to play with discipline and recognize what’s coming at him better then he could be a plus starter on edge. I’m less sure about Williams becoming a key contributor than Tolbert even though Sam is the better athlete.
I think even micah struggles with this as well, they run straight up the field on every play as if it's a pass play, and teams run right by them!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You said you are not sure he is making it through camp. If you think they are cutting a player that had 5 sacks in 300 snaps then you are high
Well you must be in the gutter, because there's people that have 5 sacks, people that make LOTS of money, and they STILL get cut! I'm only saying that because of the mental mistakes, and if he's able to deal with a coach that's NOT going to be his friend, but is going to get on him. All players aren't the same when it comes to that, we shall see!