Can Sam Williams & Tolbert come through

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He flashes he has speed . First thing is take him off ST and plug him in as Dorrance Armstrongs replacement opposite DLAW. It’s time to see much more of him one way another you invested a 2 in this guy not as a penalty magnet on the punt team . Needs to step up.

On offense with Gallup gone it’s time for Jalen Tolbert to become an every down receiver in this offense . Again you invest a 3 in this guy the doors wide open at the receiver position , Make or break as high draft capital in the much “ heralded “ Will McClay history are Williams & Tolbert .
If they are going to play Parson more at LB, I think you see 600 or snaps from Williams. He should be able to get 8 to 12 sacks with thay amount. Had 5 in 300 last year. Problem is he came into the league as a minus run defender, and I haven't seen him set the edge since he came into the NFL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well you must be in the gutter, because there's people that have 5 sacks, people that make LOTS of money, and they STILL get cut! I'm only saying that because of the mental mistakes, and if he's able to deal with a coach that's NOT going to be his friend, but is going to get on him. All players aren't the same when it comes to that, we shall see!
They get cut because they make alot money. If you think they are cutting a guy with 5 sacks in 300 snaps that makes rookie scale wages, then you are even higher than I thought

exciter

Reaction score
Sam we're not too sure on, I'm not sure he makes it through camp especially if he somehow gets in the doghouse of Zimmer! Tolbert it remains to be seen
Oh please, if Zimmer could handle Everson Griffin he can handle Williams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m I’m

Get him off ST . You don’t spend a 2 on edge rusher to collect punt team penalties
he could be dangerous there so stop saying that they'll have to teach him to pull up a little but it's his drive passion speed and athletic ability that's getting there too quick he's getting those penalties because of effort you don't wanna take that out of a guy you just have to try to get his technique down on when he should pull up and whatnot but no it doesn't matter if he's a #2 I mean we had guys like deon Sanders and others playing special teams returning punts which is very risky and it happens on teams you don't take him off special teams in my opinion maybe he doesn't need to be on every down but this is the aggressive nature of our special teams coach he's calling these rushes and Sam Williams is that good that he's getting there and he's an inch here or there of not getting the penalty that could be further ingrained in his mind with the right coach... In my opinion he's better than Fowler and he's better than Armstrong and if he can keep his head right as far as he's in the coaches doghouse that's why he's not getting as many snaps on defense because of what he's done on off the field if he can get that together the man is gonna be one of our best defensive players in my opinion he's got that same motor and drive that Micah Parsons has he's also got that kind of athletic ability he just needs to get his mind straight... Hey that's my opinion a bunch of people say he's just Randy Gregory that remains to be seen but I believe this guy's got the potential and he's already showed it on the field he just needs to stay out of the coaches doghouse mature a little bit off the field...

Chasing6

Reaction score
He flashes he has speed . First thing is take him off ST and plug him in as Dorrance Armstrongs replacement opposite DLAW. It’s time to see much more of him one way another you invested a 2 in this guy not as a penalty magnet on the punt team . Needs to step up.

On offense with Gallup gone it’s time for Jalen Tolbert to become an every down receiver in this offense . Again you invest a 3 in this guy the doors wide open at the receiver position , Make or break as high draft capital in the much “ heralded “ Will McClay history are Williams & Tolbert .
They have to. When they both play well, we will be sitting here wondering why they did not play more last year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I didn’t think Williams was all that bad on defense.

It was special teams idiocy that infuriated me, but I’m not sure how much of that can be attributed to our headline seeking ST coach, who doesn’t seem to call off aggressive punt rushing with a lead on fourth and long.

He knows the camera goes on him every time that may happen.

Again I’m not sure if that’s a coaching call or Williams stupidity. Kelvin Joseph had the same problem at gunner, and Jerry trying to steal a first round type starter in round two is part of why this roster has so many holes.

Round three hasn’t exactly been a bonanza if we are being honest.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I will repeat . Sam Williams was not drafted round 2 to run into punters and interfere with punt returners before the ball has landed .