Can the Cowboys force Dak to ask for a trade?

Brax

Reaction score
Every day it seems it's more of the same from the Dak detractors. Control your feelings and stop regurgitating the same warped questions you already know the answers to.

Damn. This place needs a shrink.
Actually it’s a good question and if they trade up for one of the top QBs then yes it would really give Dak an impetus to ask for a trade. If Jerry wants to send a message to the players this is a perfect way to do it and he has the capital to do it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually it’s a good question and if they trade up for one of the top QBs then yes it would really give Dak an impetus to ask for a trade. If Jerry wants to send a message to the players this is a perfect way to do it and he has the capital to do it
Why do you guys think he’s afraid to sit out this year?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't think it's an unrealistic scenario if the Cowboys wont meet his contract demands either.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re that calculated. I think they just didn’t feel like re-signing anyone and want to simplify things with rookie contracts replacing veterans. Plus with rookies there’s always the hope of growth.

Overshown, deuce, Tolbert, bass etc. they can sell the fans on growth from young guys.

But anyways if they start sending out vibes that they don’t want to re-sign dak. Wouldn’t he just openly ask to be traded? To just start fresh. He’s a good player in a bad situation. The fans don’t want to hear “well get em next time” anymore.

You get bombed off the field by our biggest rivals . That isn’t fun to watch y’all crumble. It’s sad and stressful.

So what if we get like a second and 5th round draft pick from someone? Raiders or Vikings it seems are possibilities. That pick turns into a first if he makes all pro or something.

The cowboys then start the year with trey lance and like a micheal penix or bo nix type to compete.

Does that seem like a more fun season for everyone? No more pressure for Dak. He gets paid by the raiders. The cowboys get a few picks to grow the roster out with young running backs receiver and tight ends
No

12+88=7

Reaction score
Prescott is going into his 9th year. Last year was the straw that broke the camels back. Everything was set up for Dallas to get to the NFCCG. But Prescott probably had his worst playoff game.

What makes anyone believe that this year or the future will be any different. It won't be. That's why after this year Dallas needs to move on.

Dallas will have 100 million in cap space after taking Prescott's cap hit.

The biggest mistake Dallas can make is extending Prescott and continue having "groundhog day" seasons.

visionary

Reaction score
Sitting out this year would be the best thing for Dak’s career.

One he doesn’t get hurt.
His value increases or stays the same.
Sits out and gets to chose the team he wants to go to.
He doesn’t have to play for a team lacking as many holes as they have.

The best news for him is if they bench him…..
Your own answer should tell you all about Dak (even though it wont)
Can you imagine Mahomes or Allen or Burrow sitting out a year just to hold their team hostage?
Thats who Dak is

Merlin

Reaction score
Why would Dak ok a trade? The time to trade him is over. He will be a free agent next year just edit for his services.
Hmm. New contract (get new money now). Could get hurt. Could get benched. Cowboys could make it an open competition with Lance. Numerous reasons.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will wave his clause about mid TC when everybody gets a good comparison with Lance
Daks last chance for a good contract lies with a team who is desperate for a QB approaching the season .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your own answer should tell you all about Dak (even though it wont)
Can you imagine Mahomes or Allen or Burrow sitting out a year just to hold their team hostage?
Thats who Dak is
Huh? What the hell does this have to do with anything? At the end of the day Burrow, Allen and Mahomes don’t play for incompetent owners who would even treat them as such. Hell Kyler Murray doesn’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hmm. New contract (get new money now). Could get hurt. Could get benched. Cowboys could make it an open competition with Lance. Numerous reasons.
So your argument is the fear of losing out to Trey Lance who couldn’t beat out Sam Darnold and Brock Purdy and Jimmy G? I don’t think that scares Dak lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Actually I hope that the Giants trade with the Cardinals and take JJ McCarthy. I think Chargers take Alt for a LT leaving Cardinals with Harrison at WR. Then I think Denver very well could trade with Atlanta or Tennessee or Chicago (9th pick) to move up and take either Nix or Penix because they definitely need a QB and they can't afford to move up much to get one. That would leave both Minnesota and Las Vegas needing either to draft Nix or Penix (whichever Denver didn't take) or make a trade for a QB.

Both teams seem to believe that they are a QB away from the playoffs and Vikings have a much better team with Dak instead of a rookie. He could bring a nice haul of picks to get in the draft.

Of course it all depends on where Dak would prefer to go and would they meet his contract demands.

It all seems crazy but with Jerry not resigning the big three of Lamb, Parsons, and Prescott, maybe he is just going to reset and jettison them all.
at this point its not "Where Dak wants to go" the best thing for him is FA at this point...his agent knows this and why squeeze drafts picks off a team when they can just sign you and lose nothing this comming offseason.

Merlin

Reaction score
So your argument is the fear of losing out to Trey Lance who couldn’t beat out Sam Darnold and Brock Purdy and Jimmy G? I don’t think that scares Dak lol.
No you asked why, I gave you numerous possibilities. What he did in SF is not relevant here regardless. Lance definitely has a higher ceiling than the guy who chokes in the playoffs every year and puts up big stats against bad teams in the regular season.

Redline360

Reaction score
You cannot extend someone who is atrocious in the post season. Yes it's a "team" sport however an argument could be had to extend him if he has played at least medicore to average in the playoffs but not when he's one of the MAJOR problems. He's been historically bad. Every loss we've been down at half and going into the fourth sometimes by 2-3 scores. Fn ridiculous. Granted even if he played lights out in the Rams game dunno if we could even have won that game as they literally ran all over us with ease.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No you asked why, I gave you numerous possibilities. What he did in SF is not relevant here regardless. Lance definitely has a higher ceiling than the guy who chokes in the playoffs every year and puts up big stats against bad teams in the regular season.
Well let’s say what you say is true….why on earth would someone trade for a choker who only puts up big stats against bad teams? :laugh:

What Lance did is not relevant lol…..he’s the only guy to struggle in that offense…got here and couldn’t even beat out Rush but it’s irrelevant lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You cannot extend someone who is atrocious in the post season. Would be down right laughable and the final nail in the coffin for majority of fans. Yes it's a "team" sport however an argument could be had to extend him if he has played at least medicore to good in the playoffs but not when he's one of the MAJOR problems.
you should buckle up because they all suck in the playoffs and plenty of them will get extended.......This FO doesnt know how to build a team exhibit A: 28 years....

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Actually I hope that the Giants trade with the Cardinals and take JJ McCarthy. I think Chargers take Alt for a LT leaving Cardinals with Harrison at WR. Then I think Denver very well could trade with Atlanta or Tennessee or Chicago (9th pick) to move up and take either Nix or Penix because they definitely need a QB and they can't afford to move up much to get one. That would leave both Minnesota and Las Vegas needing either to draft Nix or Penix (whichever Denver didn't take) or make a trade for a QB.

Both teams seem to believe that they are a QB away from the playoffs and Vikings have a much better team with Dak instead of a rookie. He could bring a nice haul of picks to get in the draft.

Of course it all depends on where Dak would prefer to go and would they meet his contract demands.

It all seems crazy but with Jerry not resigning the big three of Lamb, Parsons, and Prescott, maybe he is just going to reset and jettison them all.
Do you think the Minnesota Vikings and the Las Vegas Raiders are just Dak Prescott away from competing for a Super Bowl? That they are so good as is they can afford to give up quality draft choices for Dak and all of a sudden they’re better than the Lions and Packers or better than the Kansas City Chiefs? More than do you honestly believe that, do you believe the Vikings and Raiders believe that? Both of those teams would certainly be better than the Cowboys if they acquired Dak Prescott. What is the sense of trading Dak to a “quarterback needy” team just to become the most quarterback needy team in the NFL?

Mannix

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re that calculated. I think they just didn’t feel like re-signing anyone and want to simplify things with rookie contracts replacing veterans. Plus with rookies there’s always the hope of growth.

Overshown, deuce, Tolbert, bass etc. they can sell the fans on growth from young guys.

But anyways if they start sending out vibes that they don’t want to re-sign dak. Wouldn’t he just openly ask to be traded? To just start fresh. He’s a good player in a bad situation. The fans don’t want to hear “well get em next time” anymore.

You get bombed off the field by our biggest rivals . That isn’t fun to watch y’all crumble. It’s sad and stressful.

So what if we get like a second and 5th round draft pick from someone? Raiders or Vikings it seems are possibilities. That pick turns into a first if he makes all pro or something.

The cowboys then start the year with trey lance and like a micheal penix or bo nix type to compete.

Does that seem like a more fun season for everyone? No more pressure for Dak. He gets paid by the raiders. The cowboys get a few picks to grow the roster out with young running backs receiver and tight ends

I only know of 2 or 3 on here that could actually fathom this....this organization is toast!!!

Merlin

Reaction score
Well let’s say what you say is true….why on earth would someone trade for a choker who only puts up big stats against bad teams? :laugh:

What Lance did is not relevant lol…..he’s the only guy to struggle in that offense…got here and couldn’t even beat out Rush but it’s irrelevant lol.
One man's junk is another's treasure. Doh. Let's see if Rush is an issue this year since you can only focus on Lance. If he can't beat out Rush this year, that's relevant. Last year he was traded during the season. I'm not sure he even had a chance to be #2.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Prescott is going into his 9th year. Last year was the straw that broke the camels back. Everything was set up for Dallas to get to the NFCCG. But Prescott probably had his worst playoff game.

What makes anyone believe that this year or the future will be any different. It won't be. That's why after this year Dallas needs to move on.

Dallas will have 100 million in cap space after taking Prescott's cap hit.

The biggest mistake Dallas can make is extending Prescott and continue having "groundhog day" seasons.
Prescott was set up to fail by this ownership and the coaches. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley already broke down those 2 INTs and explained how they were not Dak's fault.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One man's junk is another's treasure. Doh. Let's see if Rush is an issue this year since you can only focus on Lance. If he can't beat out Rush this year, that's relevant. Last year he was traded during the season. I'm not sure he even had a chance to be #2.
Josh Dobbs got traded and started the next week.

One man’s junk is another man’s junk…..but suppose to trade for junk…..lol.