Can the last remaining Dez fans at least accept who he really is?

Verdict

Reaction score
I would seriously like to know if the die hard Dez fans can accept that Dez isn't emotionally stable and is probably a bit of a problem for a team to deal with?

Having seen his recent twitter meltdown is it that far fetched to see that he was problematic for the Cowboys?

This isn't about his skill set or whether he was top 5 or anything else. That's a whole different debate that we aren't going to address in this thread. All of that can be debated at another time.

I would just like to know if you guys can objectively see what the Cowboys were having to deal with regarding Dez. The Amazon Prime series is also consistent with this twitter meltdown.

Is there anyone on this board that still thinks Dez isn't seriously problematic from an emotional stability point of view?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He is your A typical alpha personality, borderline sociopathic personality.
He will always be right in his own head, despite everyone telling him he is wrong.
He will never change his mind on anything that Dez accepts as rational,,, which is irrational in the real world.
I feel sorry for the Browns if they sign him, a franchise that is slowly starting to make progress,, Dez will send them back down the hill.

superonyx

Reaction score
If I could have Dez or Linehan\JG......I’d take Dez.

He was the scapegoat they used to cover for their 1992 playcalling.
I don’t care that he expressed his pain on Twitter.

If you can’t see that Dez is right about our stale playcalling and lack of innovation on offense you are blinded by your agend.

Real coaches like Peterson, McVey, Peyton wouldn’t have needed to scapegoat our most talented WR to cover for their failings to scheme players open.

Satisfied?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
This is all just my opinion but...

I just don't see the point in continuing to drag his name through the mud. He's gone now. He gave us some good seasons, some bad seasons. At his best he distracted opposing defenses, at his worst he distracted his teammates. He's gone now but he's our franchise leader in TD receptions.

Let's not be schoolkids and talk bad of our ex girlfriend/boyfriend. I don't care who started it. Thanks for throwing up all the X's Dez, I wish you the best, hope you find some peace.

waving monkey

Reaction score

If you can’t see that Dez is right about our stale playcalling and lack of innovation on offense you are blinded by your agend.

Real coaches like Peterson, McVey, Peyton wouldn’t have needed to scapegoat our most talented WR to cover for their failings to scheme players open.

Satisfied?
:facepalm: yap what I thought you'd say.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Satisfied?
I don't know,,, but ask yourself this,, can you really define having an offensive game plan, if you have players that refuse to run assigned routes, that don't know how to run a full route tree?
How can anyone Coordinate in an environment that is not cooridiantable…. haha,, just added a new word cooridiantable… I likey.

kevm3

Reaction score
You mean like the 30,000 other 'problem children' or 'non RKGs', who if we just got them out of the locker room, everything would be better, yet year after year we still never get passed the 2nd round of the playoffs if we even make it period?

waving monkey

Reaction score
You mean like the 30,000 other 'problem children' or 'non RKGs', who if we just got them out of the locker room, everything would be better, yet year after year we still never get passed the 2nd round of the playoffs if we even make it period?
:huh:

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't know,,, but ask yourself this,, can you really define having an offensive game plan, if you have players that refuse to run assigned routes, that don't know how to run a full route tree?
We don’t know this is even close to true.
So Dez immediately after the season came out and blamed the coaches for stale playcalling and offense and somehow it was him who “refused” to run routes...or it was him who couldn’t learn to run routes...

I guess our entire WR Corp including Beasley and Witten all refused to run anymore than 2 routes for the same stale formations.

Why would Dez come out and complain about the offense if he was refusing to run it any other way?

He was their fall guy..

They should have been fired.

Verdict

Reaction score

Satisfied?

Understood. You can't be objective. Got it. That's what I was wondering.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So Dez immediately after the season came out and blamed the coaches for stale playcalling and offense and somehow it was him who “refused” to run routes...or it was him who couldn’t learn to run routes...

I guess our entire WR Corp including Beasley and Witten all refused to run anymore than 2 routes for the same stale formations.

Why would Dez come out and complain about the offense if he was refusing to run it any other way?

He was their fall guy..

Like Ive said,, now we shall all see.
All the blinders are off now,, was it Dez was it JG and company.
We shall all see now,, all the bickering back and fourth on who is to blame is pointless.

Verdict

Reaction score

He was their fall guy..

Dez knew he SHOULD work on his routes which is why he said he was PLANNING on working with a route guru. Do you remember any of that?

The problem is that Dez never actually followed through with it. Dez talks a great game, but ultimately he never really followed through.

superonyx

Reaction score
Understood. You can't be objective. Got it. That's what I was wondering.
The opposite. I am completely objective.
When you can’t argue against another’s opinions and they differ from yours you try to say they can’t be objective..

Because clearly the biggest Cowboyszone Dez troll this place has ever seen is Objective..

You have 13k post and 12k of them are about Dez....he is gone and you still continue to make a joke of yourself starting new threads about him...creepy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Like Ive said,, now we shall all see.
All the blinders are off now,, was it Dez was it JG and company.
We shall all see now,, all the bickering back and fourth on who is to blame is pointless.

That's true but that's not even really what we are debating here. The issue is Dez mental status/stability. I'm not sure how anyone can deny he's a head case at this point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's true but that's not even really what we are debating here. The issue is Dez mental status/stability. I'm not sure how anyone can deny he's a head case at this point.
David Wells would be the first person that would confirm that, from his Rookie season.