Can this team contend when Dak gets back?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
But your posts implies that simplifying a game plan is a negative thing with Dak. It’s not.

I honestly think Dak complicates the game himself. He’s a slow reader, average to below average accuracy, and poor pocket awareness.

I don’t see anything different in this offense with either Rush or Prescott in there. I do see a more efficient QB in there right now. “Simplifying” an offensive plan isn’t going to help Dak - this offense is quite simple already.

lqmac1

Reaction score
No! Coop exposed how much brains Dak lacks. Coordinators easily manipulated Dak and got him to audible into the play they are actually set for!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can Clark come back and play by the end of the season? Probably too much to hope for. LVE is just bad. I feel like Parsons isnt playing fully healthy right now.

One could see Micah was not himself this week either. He look tired in the 3rd quarter, like some one that still had a flu bug.

Maybe they get Cox going soon to take over for LVE or to spell Micah.
Would be nice to see Clark but I still think they just red shirt him this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rush beat the AFC champions and an improved NY Giants team on the road, i wouldn't call that weak.
We’ll see at seasons end but I suspect the only playoff team could be the Bengals.

Still very impressive wins under the circumstances. Anytime you can win with a backup is a total team effort. But we should pump the brakes before putting more into it than we should.

Instead we should be grateful we have finally found a backup QB who can come in and win a few games to keep the season alive .

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
We can contend for the playoffs because the NFC is weak.
Outside of Philly and LA Rams (who we'll see next week), every other team has its weaknesses.
The good thing is we know Philly. The bad thing is they know us.
So I think we have a chance to steal, at the least, a wildcard spot.
But in the playoffs, you need a complete team, and great coaching. And I have no confidence in Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy.
Even the Rams have shown some imperfections. Buffalo smoked them in week 1, and they didn't look overly impressive against the Falcons or Cardinals. Matthew Stafford has thrown more interceptions than td's (4:5), and their offensive line has looked pretty leaky when I've watched them. I'd say the entire NFC is wide open.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s simple at this point..

1 - Protect the ball and run it.
2 - Get the freaking ball out fast at first. Stop the deep stuff unless you get the look and match up. 3 - Run the ball outside and inside and screens and every way. We were running the same run play over and over and giving the same look.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
3-0 with Rush, granted against weak competition. I still think the run D is suspect. Oline has improved, but one injury away from disarray like we saw today. Moore is up and down.

Can we win the NFC East?

Thoughts?

Stop. Rush has done well but we'd have had a blowout today with Dak.

Rush has shown that he can be a very good #2. If we are willing to pay the sort of money we were reportedly offering Dalton with multiple years, he'd be putting himself in a very good position to be a Josh McCown type of back up.

Very much doubt other teams will over value him. He's doing well because he's a smart guy who has a deep knowledge of Moore's offense after many years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the same Dak shows back up the answer is no

You mean the guy that lead the #1 scoring and yardage offense in the NFL and broke the Cowboys single season passing TD record?

Ill take that guy all day long.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I still think we can win the NFCE. Jaguars hung in with the Eagles today. They self destructed with turnovers when in scoring position, or that gave Eagles great short field positions.
I think they got some stuff on film that can be used to game plan the Eagles better.
Our OL is improving but I think they can still be better in run blocking.
Run defense is still very suspect. They need to get that cleaned up.
Yes, Rush is 3-0, but today he did not look as sharp as the other games. Not that he was showing anything elite those games.
As long as we get the defense and pass rush going strong, they can contend.

I think the big question mark will be what can we expect from Dak when he comes back?

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
3-0 with Rush, granted against weak competition. I still think the run D is suspect. Oline has improved, but one injury away from disarray like we saw today. Moore is up and down.

Can we win the NFC East?

Thoughts?

We barely contend with Rush at center and you think we’ll contend with the clown that scored a whopping 3 points in his season debut?

:lmao2:

is this a joke post? Enjoy the wins now while we have them before the Overthinking Conman that always gets sacked comes back.

DanA

Reaction score
There's really no excuse. We are giving up 15.5 points a game and have a +9 point differential despite having a backup QB. We have been averaging 22.3 points a game with our backup QB so you'd want a 40m per season QB to at the very least elevate that average to 24-27 points per game. I also think individually, we have the right nucleus. The defense is incredibly well rounded and on offense we have:
  • Noah Brown and Ceedee playing like 1,000-yard receivers (with a backup QB) with atrocious play from our 3rd WR until this week
  • Gallup flashing against the Commanders as a clear upgrade
  • Shultz is a known commodity and solid TE with upside on his performances to date
  • A couple of young TEs that have flashed in cameo appearances, particularly as run blockers.
  • An O-line holding their own in both run and pass blocking despite youth/lack of experience
  • Peters gearing up (on a pitch count) and Tyron Smith returning late season
  • Both Zeke and Pollard running well this season (although both had poor games against Washington)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We’ll see at seasons end but I suspect the only playoff team could be the Bengals.
Still very impressive wins under the circumstances. Anytime you can win with a backup is a total team effort. But we should pump the brakes before putting more into it than we should.
Instead we should be grateful we have finally found a backup QB who can come in and win a few games to keep the season alive .
I am indeed grateful for that. What I'm most concerned with is not knowing which Dak to expect when he comes back.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Can we win the NFC East?

Thoughts?
Rush has done a great job, but the game film will make it easier to defend....Dak needs to bring back the running threat and stop checking out of plays as much as he does. Ball control will help our defense....and, yes, we need to seal the edge on run plays and LVE should play closer to the line on running down to make up for his lack of athleticism. Philly will ne tough....if we're healthy, it will be a great game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am indeed grateful for that. What I'm most concerned with is not knowing what to expect from Dak when he comes back.
The beauty of the success we’ve had with Rush is it provides us more time if needed to ensure Prescott has fully recovered.