Can this team contend when Dak gets back?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rush has done a great job, but the game film will make it easier to defend....Dak needs to bring back the running threat and stop checking out of plays as much as he does. Ball control will help our defense....and, yes, we need to seal the edge on run plays and LVE should play closer to the line on running down to make up for his lack of athleticism. Philly will ne tough....if we're healthy, it will be a great game.
Nice analysis Coach!

McMicah

Reaction score
I honestly think that depends on Dak…

The team has proven over the last 3 games that the Defense will give you a chance every single game, and the O-line has proven it can keep the pocket clean long enough to make decisive throws. WSH did everything possible to stop the run and put this on Rush, and he still got the ball downfield ALOT. This team can play with anybody IMHO.

I think this year more than any other will be the time for Dak to show what he is (or maybe show what he isn’t). We shall see!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Rush beat the AFC champions and an improved NY Giants team on the road, i wouldn't call that weak.

The Dallas Cowboys beat the Bengals and the Giants; Rush didn't do it by himself. They played complementary football and executed, which is something they did not do in week one against Tampa Bay. I love what Rush has done but the more teams get film on him the more they will take away what he does best.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I honestly think that depends on Dak…

The team has proven over the last 3 games that the Defense will give you a chance every single game, and the O-line has proven it can keep the pocket clean long enough to make decisive throws. WSH did everything possible to stop the run and put this on Rush, and he still got the ball downfield ALOT. This team can play with anybody IMHO.

I think this year more than any other will be the time for Dak to show what he is (or maybe show what he isn’t). We shall see!
It’s tough to say. I’m not sure we’ve faced a team that is a prolific scoring team . Once we do our 25th ranked offense might not be enough.

Will our 9th ranked defense be able to shut down the Rams and Egirls who have the 2nd ranked offense . We shall see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We barely contend with Rush at center and you think we’ll contend with the clown that scored a whopping 3 points in his season debut?

:lmao2:

is this a joke post? Enjoy the wins now while we have them before the Overthinking Conman that always gets sacked comes back.

Its a question actually. One where I didnt even give my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rush has done a great job, but the game film will make it easier to defend....Dak needs to bring back the running threat and stop checking out of plays as much as he does. Ball control will help our defense....and, yes, we need to seal the edge on run plays and LVE should play closer to the line on running down to make up for his lack of athleticism. Philly will ne tough....if we're healthy, it will be a great game.

The running play check out is nothing more than a Dak hating theory. Hasnt been proven in the slightest bit. Checking out of runs yesterday would have been the thing to do as ZEke was terrible.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The running play check out is nothing more than a Dak hating theory. Hasnt been proven in the slightest bit. Checking out of runs yesterday would have been the thing to do as ZEke was terrible.
Pollard had 8 yards on 9 carries as well....the entire running game was off, but you still have to run to set up the play action. They geared up to stop the run and that opened it up downfield. And I'm a Dak fan, just calling it as i see it....don't ask questions if you don't wa t answers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard had 8 yards on 9 carries as well....the entire running game was off, but you still have to run to set up the play action. They geared up to stop the run and that opened it up downfield. And I'm a Dak fan, just calling it see it....don't ask questions if you don't wa t answers.

Who said anything about not running?

Poor guy. Always having to lie and exaggerate to make a point against me.

Who is the RB leading the Cowboys in YPC even after yesterday? That would be Pollard my misguided friend.

JustChip

Reaction score
I think the big question mark will be what can we expect from Dak when he comes back?
That’s the right question. If the Dak that played against Tampa comes back, this team will be going nowhere. But, if the team that played Tampa shows up, they’re not going anywhere regardless of Dak.

Personally, I think Dak will come back strong, but there are no guarantees.

Last edited:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s tough to say. I’m not sure we’ve faced a team that is a prolific scoring team . Once we do our 25th ranked offense might not be enough.

Will our 9th ranked defense be able to shut down the Rams and Egirls who have the 2nd ranked offense . We shall see.

so the bengals and Bucs aren’t prolific scoring teams? Lol okay

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who said anything about not running?

Poor guy. Always having to lie and exaggerate to make a point against me.

Who is the RB leading the Cowboys in YPC even after yesterday? That would be Pollard my misguided friend.

why did you specify that zeke was terrible? That implies that pollard was better when he was terrible too. You knew what you were implying

JustChip

Reaction score
Not this year so far. They are both below average ranking 16th - 20th.
The interesting thing is scoring league-wide has been down before yesterday significantly. That’s probably a result of how teams approach preseason anymore and scoring will normalize going forward.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Chances are better this than last, if that helps.

NFC is in shambles and even the AFC is a bit whack.
The thing with Dallas is, can they beat 3-4 really good teams in a row?
Given that we rarely beat even one really good team, that seems unlikely.
Then again, Philly caught lighterning a bottle a could of years ago and the bengal almost did it last year.....so who knows.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your disdain for Zeke gets old...he and Pollard make a good pair....I'll leave it at that.

Your support of Zeke gets even older. Did you ever think that if homers like you stopped hailing Zeke guys like me might stop bashing him?

And no doubt the first 100 yard game Zeke gets you will be throwing it in my face. So dont act like you dont play the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The interesting thing is scoring league-wide has been down before yesterday significantly. That’s probably a result of how teams approach preseason anymore and scoring will normalize going forward.
We shall see how it unfolds. All you can do is play what’s on your schedule but everyone is on the same bar and this is what we have faced thus far.