CFZ Can This Team Win It All This Year?

sjmike

Reaction score
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?
I think we are good enough with breaks going our way to make it to the SB.
We will need solid QB play, and would like to see some nice trade deadline deals.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No. Offense is weak. Coaching isn’t good enough. Defense is good but we haven’t seen it against high powered offenses besides the Lions and Eagles, and even then, they struggled against the Eagles significantly (due in part to the offensive turnovers).

Not to mention potential injuries. This team is good but there’s not much depth. Either way, no.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Where do you stand?
Absolutely this team can win it all. With this dominating defense and knowing that the offense is just now getting in gear, this team has a chance to go all the way. They’ve also got a very good special teams with Maher, Anger and Turpin.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No. Offense is weak. Coaching isn’t good enough. Defense is good but we haven’t seen it against high powered offenses besides the Lions and Eagles, and even then, they struggled against the Eagles significantly (due in part to the offensive turnovers).

Not to mention potential injuries. This team is good but there’s not much depth. Either way, no.
This team has more depth than any Cowboys team in many years. You haven’t been paying attention. And they just signed Hankins to help with stopping the run.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely this team can win it all. With this dominating defense and knowing that the offense is just now getting in gear, this team has a chance to go all the way. They’ve also got a very good special teams with Maher, Anger and Turpin.

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
Risen, I was 26 when we won our last SB. I turn 52 in 8 days roughly. It's insane what we fans been put through.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!

Is there a word for humorously depressing?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Can Dallas win the SB? Sure. I'd even say Dallas has a much better than one-in-32 shot at it. But it's certainly not better than say one-in-ten, so I'm not holding my breath.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why not? I don't see a single team in the NFC that they can't compete with. You have a HC that has won a super bowl, a top defense, and an offense that at least in theory should perform better moving forward as Dak plays more and some of the young guys continue to develop (Smith/Hendershot/etc.). We finally have what appears to be a reliable kicking game, and a stud returner.

I worry about if the Cowboys can actually compete with KC or Buffalo, but if they are playing them this year that will be a nice concern to have.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not with this QB
Because the NFC is loaded with QBs....Excluding the Cowboys the best records in the NFC have Hurts, Cousins, and Daniel Jones as QBs.

I worry about Dak going into a shootout type scenario with a Mahomes or Allen, but the NFC is a dumpster fire this year at the QB position with Brady and Rogers trending down.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Philly and SF are supposedly the best the NFC has to offer, I like our chances. We signed a 1-Tech and a corner. We should sign a wide receiver and hope that Gallup gets back to form and either Washington or Tolbert emerge. CeeDee, Noah and the tight ends are quietly having fine seasons. Assuming Zeke will be OK, the one-two punch of him and Pollard has proven to be sufficient. The O-line has been up and down, but I've seen flashes from Tyler, Steele and McGovern so there's hope there. Dak's arrow is pointing upward as he gets back in a groove. Anger, Maher and Turpin are special teams aces. And the defense...it would take all day to explain what they've done so far and it's encouraging that they've addressed the run game deficiency. The pieces are there to make it all the way to Arizona.

fredp22

Reaction score
defense yes.
offense no but I put the blame on the OC not the players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope, not with this passing offense and our issues against the run. If our run defense improves and our passing game gets better leading to more scoring then anything is possible. Philly is the only real good team in the NFC and I don’t see anyone in the conference getting past them if they continue to play the way they have. Tampa and Green Bay are struggling mightily so the road to the Super Bowl is there for the taking, if Philly were to fall off.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As much as I'd love nothing better than to see us win a SB, I'm not convinced we could beat the likes of KC and/or the Buffalo Bills to do it. I've seen all of our SB appearances since the Cowboys have existed . . . but Jerry & Stephen just don't convince me that they're likely to go "all in" enough nowadays to cause it to happen.