CFZ Can This Team Win It All This Year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?
NFC is weaker this year. it all depends on which team is going to get hot the second half. Eagles are seemingly all in, they have almost everything and it comes down to Hurts. Vikings are the other contender and going about their business quietly.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I like them as far as against the NFC teams- but BUF & KC? Don't see us beating them. But still have half a season left, never know who gets injured.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sure we can. Having said that we’re looking like a WC team and that’s on the road to Tampa or Seattle most likely. We could be 12-5 going on the road….smh.

We will see.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
To early to tell. I can say I'm as high on this team as I've been in the last 25 years. I feel better this season than I did after last season's even better start because... defense.

This group seems to have more dog in them than we've seen in quite some time.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Probably the weakest season I've seen in the NFL since 2010. Only a few strong teams in the NFC, the bad part is, they are in the NFC East.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?

we are 1 injury away from falling apart like last year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Absolutely this team can win it all. With this dominating defense and knowing that the offense is just now getting in gear, this team has a chance to go all the way. They’ve also got a very good special teams with Maher, Anger and Turpin.
The offense has a blown transmission, reverse still works tho :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
To early to tell. I can say I'm as high on this team as I've been in the last 25 years. I feel better this season than I did after last season's even better start because... defense.

This group seems to have more dog in them than we've seen in quite some time.

The best offense is the defense...they say to defeat the other team is the key to winning a SB.

Time for the offence to get it started right away, then let the defense clean it up, not the way it has been, the offense has not done what it needs to do, keep the defense off the field.

pete026

Reaction score
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
Fixed it for you.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Vegas doesn't think they will. My book has them at +1700 but I still dropped $50 on them for a chance to win $850..

terra

Reaction score
This team has more depth than any Cowboys team in many years. You haven’t been paying attention. And they just signed Hankins to help with stopping the run.
That means nothing. We have a weakness against the run that Hankins might not fix; and our O line still needs work.
and we have KM so that alone probably dooms us

shabazz

Reaction score
This is so reminiscent of the early ninety’s except it’s flipped conferences. The NFC Champion was basically garunteed a SB win over any of the weak AFC opponents and now it’s the AFC in the drivers seat

so basically, NO……NFC Champions would be the Cowboys ceiling, which I’d settle for at this juncture

MaineBoy

Reaction score
This team has below average talent at GM, HC, and OC. The starting QB and RB are not elite. They will never win it all with this combination. Impossible.