CFZ Can This Team Win It All This Year?

Jipper

Reaction score
As much as I'd love nothing better than to see us win a SB, I'm not convinced we could beat the likes of KC and/or the Buffalo Bills to do it. I've seen all of our SB appearances since the Cowboys have existed . . . but Jerry & Stephen just don't convince me that they're likely to go "all in" enough nowadays to cause it to happen.

the one thing that keeps me hopeful is the fact that defense wins championships literally and this is a potential championship caliber defense

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's possible of course, but it is foolish to try and look into the future because the future has not happened. Do you think an asteroid will wipe out the Earth tomorrow?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?

If the defense can keep up this level of play and the offense can find a way to creep closer to slightly above league average? Absolutely.

I truly think that Dallas needs to sell out trying to acquire a monster run stopping LB or a game changing receiver like Odell. If this isn't the season to push the chips in, when is the right time? Either of those players could push them into the elite team category.

Will this team be likely to lose to KC or Buffalo if they happen to meet them in a Super Bowl? Yeah, they probably would but you will never find out unless you go all out to get there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
the one thing that keeps me hopeful is the fact that defense wins championships literally and this is a potential championship caliber defense

I do believe there's a possibility that our defense is good enough to get there, although our offensive needs simply seem too plentiful to make it remotely possible. I think we'd have to change our free-agency ways dramatically to attain sufficient talent to even make a SB appearance, much less win the whole thing. Our FO just doesn't seem to have the boldness that it takes to get there, imho. They're, also, way too content with basking in the limelight.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Could they? They probably could. Will they? Time will tell. Do I have confidence in it? No.

I guess that is why we watch every season though, to have hope Dallas breaks this Super Bowl curse.

starfan1

Reaction score
Doubtful we have the team or qb to beat KC or Buffalo but I’m gonna enjoy the ride regardless any given Sunday and DC football only comes around once a year

it’s not sb or bust for me Its the ride. I mean I’d like that and want it but I’m not angry if it don’t happen

This defense appears legit and if the run D improves who knows

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can this team win the SB this year…no…because it will be played in 2023…:laugh:
Can they win it this season…yes…

Will they win it this season…yes…book it….:yourock:

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Possibly.

At this time and moment, maybe not, as I don't think this team is where it should be and has questions in areas to shore up and improve on.

Let's give it some time, more games, and see how our OL soldifies, the DL react to new additions. Remember we're still depending on some very young and rookie players.

Our starting QB just came back from injury, give him time to get reacquainted and in sync with his mates.

Key is improving and health.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sitting at 5-2 after 7 games with a very winnable game this week then a bye. Top 5 defense without question. Offense a work in progress but a top offense the last two years. Two wins behind the Iggles. Buffalo and KC dominating in the AFC, right now probably better than anything the NFC has to offer.

Can this team continue to play dominating defense while growing as an offense into an above average offense at least, making it a contender for the whole enchilada? Are we one player away? If so, who is that player? What would you trade to get him?

Or maybe you think that Philly, Buffalo and KC are too good and we would be better sitting pat and putting into next year and the year after. In that case we would sit tight and develop our talent to peak in the next couple of years.

Where do you stand on this? I, myself, think that we can win it all this year with great defensive play and an offense that can grind it out but also put up a lot of points like they have in the past. This team gets after quarterbacks so even the 3 outstanding ones on the 3 teams I mentioned will struggle with pressure in their faces. I wanna go all in this year. Get a top receiver or even an offensive linemen that solidifies the offense.

Where do you stand?
Once they get the offense moving, yes. No question.

Buffalo and Kansas City are beatable.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!
This is our year!

This is our year!

But, really, this is our year!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, not with this passing offense and our issues against the run.
Well, the passing offense is only going to get better.

The run defense just added one of the best run stuffing DT's in the game.

Any other concerns?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Risen, I was 26 when we won our last SB. I turn 52 in 8 days roughly. It's insane what we fans been put through.

32 teams in the NFL. If you were 26 when they last won it, statistically, if they win it before you are 58, they are ahead of schedule (statistically speaking). :)

Rayman70

Reaction score
32 teams in the NFL. If you were 26 when they last won it, statistically, if they win it before you are 58, they are ahead of schedule (statistically speaking). :)
:lmao2::facepalm: Great point. Keepin hope alive lol...as long as I have my mental faculties still when we win it, thats all I care about. I might be 85 by that time, but as long as I can remember it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

lmoa...that was good!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, the passing offense is only going to get better.

The run defense just added one of the best run stuffing DT's in the game.

Any other concerns?

It remains to be seen if the passing game is going to get better, our receivers are still a concern or if this run stuffer is going to make a difference. It’s not like we gave up a premium draft pick for him. You can add players all you want but that doesn’t mean you solved the problem. We’ll have to see how things play out with the new addition and if Dak can get his game back on track with the receiving group he’s stuck with.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
No. Offense is weak. Coaching isn’t good enough. Defense is good but we haven’t seen it against high powered offenses besides the Lions and Eagles, and even then, they struggled against the Eagles significantly (due in part to the offensive turnovers).

Not to mention potential injuries. This team is good but there’s not much depth. Either way, no.
Future HOF LT goes down replaced with a rookie; we're still winning.
QB goes down, backup keeps us going; we still win.
CB out for rest of season, next man up; record improves
TE get injured, rookies and youngsters to the rescue quite admirably.

No depth?

Of the 16 NFC teams, who or how many have better records?

Agreed can't continue to lose more too injury, but this team is being built quite nicely, albeit not fast enough for many.