Can Viliami Fehoko go from forgotten draft pick to Cowboys DL contributor?

reddyuta

Reaction score
so we ask Mazi to lose 40 LBs and we ask a Feheko to bulk up .thanks a lot Mr Quinn.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's listed at 267 lbs. Lawrence is 265 lbs. Armstrong is 255 lbs. TJ Watt is 252 lbs.

None of those guys have any trouble getting sacks.

Doesn't need to bulk up.
I was thinking for Viliami Fehoko to play inside at DT, not outside as an Edge rusher. Would like for him to bulk up (muscle) to around 285. Them Tongans are strong. Get him bulked up and go from 267 to 285, I believe he would work best inside like JJ Watt.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's listed at 267 lbs. Lawrence is 265 lbs. Armstrong is 255 lbs. TJ Watt is 252 lbs.

None of those guys have any trouble getting sacks.

Doesn't need to bulk up.
thats right. He just needs an opportunity. Cant learn by standing on the sidelines. I think its time to play him, for better or worse.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The team is likely to lose Armstrong and Fowler in free agency, so they need this guy to at least be a rotational player on gameday.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, after reviewing college tape from a year ago on Viliami Fehoko, I definitely am not excited about what he brings to the table. He looks bad. Definitely got overdrafted and did not deserve to get picked in the 4th round. Should have been a 7th rounder at best.

Thanks a lot, Dan Quinn. :banghead:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good grief man... The dude was pick 129 and plays the deepest position on last year's roster.
Zero wrong with him getting a red shirt year. This team is going to lose at least 2 DEs and has to spend money elsewhere so the depth chart will change in a positive way for Fehoko.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well, after reviewing college tape from a year ago on Viliami Fehoko, I definitely am not excited about what he brings to the table. He looks bad. Definitely got overdrafted and did not deserve to get picked in the 4th round. Should have been a 7th rounder at best.

Thanks a lot, Dan Quinn. :banghead:

He was the 27th pick of R4.
Dane Brugler had him as 5th rounder.

Aven8

Reaction score
We haven’t even seen him play so how anyone can judge him at this point is ridiculous.

Having said that I’m excited to have a new set of eyes on the overall defense as it’s natural for the previous regime to play favorites.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Couldn't even get on the active roster on a team with a bad DL.

New rule. No more Fehokos.
No because in dallas we have a GREAT DL that gets PREssURE!!!!! I've seen weaker teams we've played against whose guys put consistent pressure on us than our great guys

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ouff. Viliami Fehoko looks horrible in the college highlights video I presented. Not even worth a 5th round .
The draft isn't as deep as people like to pretend.
The player drafted before Fehoko was Stetson Bennett who was inactive all year and away from the team.
The player drafted after is a local kid, DE and OKST player. He ended up this year with a whole 5 tackles for the Jaguars.

Once you get that far in the draft there really are no reaches.
More than half the people drafted that low are never going to make an NFL pension.

Fehoko has good size and wingspan.
He is not fast nor is he very twitchy.
He could end up a decent run stuffing DE but his ceiling is probably rotational.
And if you'd take that at pick 129 because a vet rotational DE will cost you 7-8M a year.

Going from Fowler to his guy is one way to help bolster the run stuffing. He's not fast enough to just fly up the field anyway.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This FO using 4th round to pick up experimental guys is very disconcerting. What the heck are they doing there? I am sure there was some good talent available still who were ready to play a natural position. SMDH......

oh, and as for position flex......:thumbdown: isn't that what the dumpsters are for. ?
so, let's start with first rounders, say qbs, who either turn out to be total busts or sit 3 years like Love, that ok but developing any other positions is disconcerting?!o_O.:facepalm:

Most players need time to develop. The whole Mazi thing being blown out of proportion as well when we saw Philly take Davis at 13 he did nothing his rookie year and his 2nd season he looked better. It is normal some players need coaching, time to develop their bodies and learning the nfl game. in this case with players like Fehoko who BTW didn't need his own thread lol, it was a lot of players in front of him to where he couldn't get on the field, should change this entire thread should have been labeled the 2023 draft class all seemed to be depth, role payers , future players taken, right or wrong they all had so many players in front of them that were better they couldn't truly prove themselves.

i still believe in many of them schoon with more snaps can be very good 2 as he develops , DV easily, get a big banger in the draft, a true 1, he could be used like pollard was the first 2 seasons and very good backup to Turpin on STS and gimmick plays on offense, Scott also never saw the field but that might Change with lewis and/or Gilmore gone &.Diggs takes time to get back into the swing of things..

i believe Overshown will turn out to be a good player in Richard's has upside but truly the 23 draft will take while to be fully judged.​

or this could be a total bust of a draft with a lesson learned not taking best player available and using it for future players. We do NOT know for sure the future of any of them, YET.​

fans expecting greatness year 1 is what disconcerting. 4th rounders aren't supposed to be nfl ready but the drafts inconsistencies on hits offsets those picks you get lucky with ie Dak, Bland , brady, warner, romo, purdy, Pacheco, and others.