Can We Clear Up The No Trade Clause Myth?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't think you are correct.

Since I do not believe Dak will be traded, we'll never know, but to completely ignore what QB's are worth on the market seems a bit foolish, wouldn't you say?
I don't think you are correct.

Since I do not believe Dak will be traded, we'll never know, but to completely ignore what QB's are worth on the market seems a bit foolish, wouldn't you say?
He won’t be traded because the Cowboys cannot replace him with a viable alternative. The teams that need quarterbacks the most are going to be drafting them in a few months. The teams that are satisfied or stuck (Eagles) with their quarterbacks are not in the market for one. That leaves just a few teams that might consider it if the price is right. Price is right as in “we’re not doing a stupid deal like Indy and Denver did”. No 30 year old quarterback whose team wants to trade him is going to garner much in a deal. Not anymore.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only thing deranged is folks who still believe that Dak would be a HOT commodity in the FA market.
Now that my friend is DERANGED!!!!!
My God, why is it the people who are the loudest in the room are the ones who know the least? You sound so dumb right now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having a no trade clause does not mean you cannot be traded.

It simply gives the player leverage to choose his destination.

So, if Jerry decides he wants to trade Dak he could do it, but only if Dak is okay with the destination.

This is just another example of how Dak’s agent schooled Jerry in negotiations.
I think far and away most people know this.