Can we move Gurode to guard?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He has played quite a bit of Guard in college and early in his career, why not move him to LG and put someone else in at center?

Something has to be done about the situation at LG or the offense is never going to get back on track.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
austintodallas;2496268 said:
Yeah let's create two problems trying to fix one.

Ya cause the leave Proctor in there and hope for the best thing is working out really well. Im sure Tony is glad they are going with the status quo and not coming up with any answers. Proctor is going to get him hurt AGAIN.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There isn't really a whole lot that can be done other than throw Proctor out there. You can't plan on having your #1 guard go down, trade for his replacement, and then have both of them go down.

I'd like to see someone else get a shot, but i don't think its going to get any better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doomsday;2496262 said:
He has played quite a bit of Guard in college and early in his career, why not move him to LG and put someone else in at center?

Something has to be done about the situation at LG or the offense is never going to get back on track.

Because outside of the tackle spot the importance of center is too critical.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Gurode was always better at center. And he's one of the leagues best centers now. No real reason to move him (especially right now)

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Blocking wise, Gurode is a beast. Snapping wise, I'd like to kill him.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Doomsday;2496262 said:

Did you watch Gurode before Parcells moved him back to center? He was on the verge of getting cut. Now he's a Pro Bowl caliber center.

Aven8

Reaction score
Gurode is an IDIOT!

Great blocker, but just like Parcell's said he's missing a few screws. I thought all offensive lineman were the smartest guys on the field?? Especially centers! They're always the Academic All Americans.

Gurode....great blocker....horrible center....he doesn't have it upstairs!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hands to the face penalty killed a drive. The non-snap/safety meltdown. The slow shotgun snaps. Etc. Of course, he had a lot of company. Pretty sure every lineman drew a penalty last night.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Uhhh...the problem with that is that isn't Proctor actually the backup center as well? I thought I heard Brad Sham say last night that if Andre gets hurt that Proctor slides over to center and someone else comes in at Guard.

So moving Andre to LG, just to move Proctor over to center, isn't going to fix your issues.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
bbgun;2496526 said:
Hands to the face penalty killed a drive. The non-snap/safety meltdown. The slow shotgun snaps. Etc. Of course, he had a lot of company. Pretty sure every lineman drew a penalty last night.

Actually, Columbo and everyone's friend Proctor didn't have one, if I remember right.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Were the Giants ever penalized for holding? With eight sacks on our tab, you'd think so.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gurode is a average at best guard.

Hes elite as a center.

Plus center makes all the calls. We would be fools to move him.

We need back Genaro Denopli!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And here I thought you were one of the level-headed ones around here Dooms...

Do you honestly think the Cowboys are going to screw-up two positions to fix one?????????????????????????????????????????

And don't you think the quality of the defenses this offense is facing has something to do with it??????????????????????????????

You do know the other team's players are paid too-- right???????????????????????????

Enough with these stoopid threads people.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2496539 said:
Were the Giants ever penalized for holding? With eight sacks on our tab, you'd think so.

Not once. Pretty strange, huh.

.....and I doubt Gurode is any better at guard now than when we tried him there before. He was awful. Let's just let the line get healthy....and find some better backups in the offseason.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Gurode is an elite center. He is a good player but he could easily have cost us the game yesterday. That's still just one mistake but the level of play on the OL is not very consistent right now.