BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I agree lets move Gurode over to LG and bring in our backup center Cory Proctor

errr wait......

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There is no need to move Gurode to center. Proctor is servicable as a backup. You don't take that continuity away from the team. And Gurode and Tony have enough trouble with exchanges of the ball to think putting another guy in there will be better.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2496562 said:
Not once. Pretty strange, huh.

.....and I doubt Gurode is any better at guard now than when we tried him there before. He was awful. Let's just let the line get healthy....and find some better backups in the offseason.

We just need a back up center and then have Koiser and Holland fight it out at LG.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Actually Gurode was a RG so lets move him to RG, move Proctor to C, slide Bigg Davis over to LT and move Flozell inside to LG. BRILLIANT!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday;2496277 said:
Ya cause the leave Proctor in there and hope for the best thing is working out really well. Im sure Tony is glad they are going with the status quo and not coming up with any answers. Proctor is going to get him hurt AGAIN.

You know that Proctor *IS* the backup center right? :bang2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2496558 said:
And here I thought you were one of the level-headed ones around here Dooms...

Do you honestly think the Cowboys are going to screw-up two positions to fix one?????????????????????????????????????????

And don't you think the quality of the defenses this offense is facing has something to do with it??????????????????????????????

You do know the other team's players are paid too-- right???????????????????????????

Enough with these stoopid threads people.

Maybe I am just panicking, but it seems like every time we play a good team Proctor completely wiffs on someone at least once and Romo gets lit up. I just dont wanna see Romo get leveled like he was last night against Baltimore and Philly, both heavy blitz teams.

Doesnt seem like we have any answers at Guard.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Proctor is the back-up Center, so I don't see how him and Gurode essentially switching positions solves anything.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;2496539 said:
Were the Giants ever penalized for holding? With eight sacks on our tab, you'd think so.

no, and niether were the Steelers

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;2496526 said:
Hands to the face penalty killed a drive. The non-snap/safety meltdown. The slow shotgun snaps. Etc. Of course, he had a lot of company. Pretty sure every lineman drew a penalty last night.

That hands to the face call was pretty damn lame, and it had absolutely ZERO impact on the play.

Whats strange is about 10 days after John Clayton ran a story about how the league office told league officials to can the ticky tack, borderline holding calls, we got flagged for 4 OL 10yd penalties and none of them looked bad.