Can we talk about 71 and officiating?

Lutonio

Reaction score
That last one...Dallas got flagged, but Quinn definitely won.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He’s a punk. It’s one thing to protect your QB but he got into like 4 other scrums.

And not even half the OG Quenton Nelson is.

Remember when the Hernandez fanboys told us he was as good as Nelson?
yep, lee said he wishes he had one guy on the whole team that had his back in Seattle. He might have become one of my favorite noncowboy players now.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I loved it, protected his QB and wasn't scared of nobody. Not like our guys
Yeah are freaking LG (same position and Hernandez) is soft and easy to bully.

I would rather have a scrappy dude like Hernandez then Williams. If i'm not mistaken that's what we liked about our 3rd round pick McGovern (he's violent and dirty in the trenches)

shabazz

Reaction score
That pulling off the pile penalty was complete horse ****

that happens on every kick off

I agree but this one was pretty blatant in front of the official, but what I cant stand is when he gets to the sidelines none of the coaches gets in his face. Even at a high school level a coach should have chewed him a new one.......but not here

cern

Reaction score
He’s a punk. It’s one thing to protect your QB but he got into like 4 other scrums.

And not even half the OG Quenton Nelson is.

Remember when the Hernandez fanboys told us he was as good as Nelson?
It's called frustration. We were kicking their butts and he knew it. None of his silly fights helped the giants. Jones did a great impersonation of eli.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Poor inconsistent officiating as usual dose this surprise anyone

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can the same guy on one team literally get in five different fights....including grabbing face masks and shoving players etc and never once get called for a penalty while the other team repeatedly is? If the refs would have called even offsetting penalties after the hit on Jones I think they keep the game under control. They have to do a better job especially when there is a common denominator involved in all the scrums
I usually don't complain about officiating. I expect them to make mistakes. I think it evens out in the end usually...but Man, last night was all against cowboys....after jones being pushed out of bounce,71, ran in after the play and in front of 3 officials shoved the cowboys player and we got the unsportsman flag!!! I was screaming at the TV....and he did twice more....that made me think the officials were calling it one way wanting NY to win....horrible, horrible, horrible calls

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Loved the quotes by Randle, Tuck and others who faced Larry. When Randle is scared of you, then you know you are a BAMF.
Larry couldn't get in no tussles. wasn't nobody going to roll up on him.

I take the comments from other HOFers & top shelf players as the most reliable evaluation of a player. Most guys at that level aren't going to take a back seat to anyone. They may acknowledge talent but not concede the other guy was better unless he clearly was. When guys don't even hesitate to heap praise on an opponent, you know how much they really respected his talents.

Reaction score
it was a MNF game with a heavily favored team, the ref's job is to stop the game from becoming a blowout for as long as possible

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hernandez was getting beat, plain and simple. I think with the addition of Bennett - things may have gotten a little boost of edginess on the DL. But he's a poor sport and a d-bag.