Can we talk about how awful the refs were this game

JayFord

Reaction score
I’ll complain about the refs in the first San Fran playoff game where they were in the way of the ball being snapped twice

But blaming them now is like having a restaurant where the food is overly salty but complaining the dishwasher doesn’t show up on time and firing him

Yeah the dishwasher is an issue but the food is the bigger issue

HungryLion

Reaction score

Most ridiculous no call I have seen in a long time

The refs were horrific tonight. Just terrible.

But in the end it doesn’t matter. This Cowboys team is not going anywhere. They just are not a good football team.

So it just doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, to me at least.

But yeah the refs suck. They were trash this evening.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
referee_blind.gif

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I thought the explanation the ref representative in the booth gave was very sensible. Ask Minnesota fans this week how they feel about officiating.

It really didn't affect the outcome of the game either, seeing as the Niners poured it on us in the third and we couldn't even get a first down.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’ve never really understood the pick/rub route rules at this level, seems like it’s 100% subjective.

Just my opinion and the rule book may say something completely different but I would find it hard to throw the flag for a pick play if the DB is contacting the WR as he contacts the other DB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought the explanation the ref representative in the booth gave was very sensible. Ask Minnesota fans this week how they feel about officiating.

It really didn't affect the outcome of the game either, seeing as the Niners poured it on us in the third and we couldn't even get a first down.
I mean it did though. If that flag happens the 49ers either score a field goal there or don't score. That was a crucial call. It doesn't take away from us underachieving or hell maybe not even underachieving just flat out sucking......but still.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve never really understood the pick/rub route rules at this level, seems like it’s 100% subjective.

Just my opinion and the rule book may say something completely different but I would find it hard to throw the flag for a pick play if the DB is contacting the WR as he contacts the other DB.
It's hard to understand it because they don't call it consistent enough. I remember when the Bronco's under Peyton use to run them all the time. It depends on how you "sell it" I guess but a pick is a pick. That one was especially weird. IF you let it go that's one thing but the refs picked the flag up lol.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I mean it did though. If that flag happens the 49ers either score a field goal there or don't score. That was a crucial call. It doesn't take away from us underachieving or hell maybe not even underachieving just flat out sucking......but still.
So two ref's seen the penalty from two different angles, which means 1 basically confirmed they saw the same thing as the other without talking.

Then they talk and change their minds???

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see kick interference all the time, and i never see them make the call.
How is it a first down when you catch the ball in the air when you have not completed the catch yet? It is not a completion until your feet touch the ground. It benefited us, but that made zero sense.