Can you name 12 WR's Better than Cooper?

Johnny23

Reaction score
yes...he is.
my opinion.
we'll see.
There is no we'll see he is not EC, and I am cool with you but strongly disagree. I would rather have Hopkins or Thomas over Cooper without question. They are my favorite guys.

cern

Reaction score
We've been terrible at developing players for a long time now. Dak is one of them. I'm hoping beyond hope that the Moore/Kitna combo understands this and starts developing him. Honestly, I haven't seen improvement in Dak's game since he got here.

Not sure exactly why, maybe it's the win now mode, or maybe it's due to JG always trying to fit players into what he wants.
player development is proportional to good coaching. our d-backs improved with Kris Richard. lb's improved with ben bloom. wr's got better with sanjay lal. o-line got better when we dumped alexander and put columbo in charge. te's got better with Nussbaum (sp). prior to these recent coaching changes, it seems jg was content with what he had. that's why I think mcclay and Stephen had far more to do with the coaching changes than garrett. and let's not forget the recently departed linehan. seems jg was happy with him as well. but not anymore. I hope kitna and moore help dak.

Johnny23

Reaction score
When you figure out how a wr gets the ball without a QB let me know.

Will brown be as good without ben? Or vice versa? Brees may be a hall of famer so did he make thomas a legit #1? So yes having a top 10 QB makes a difference in how well a WR performs...Maybe you don't get that. Probably never will.
AB's a stud. Jerry Rice made Elvis Grbac millions of dollars.

cowboyec

Reaction score
There is no we'll see he is not EC, and I am cool with you but strongly disagree. I would rather have Hopkins or Thomas over Cooper without question. They are my favorite guys.
Im cool with you also....but
the only 1 I might rank ahead of Amari is Julio...but I won't.....based on what I saw him do here,I think he is the best in the league....and at absolute worst...he is one of the 5-8 best in the league.I do not believe there are 12 better......1 maybe in Julio....but not 12.
In my opinion #19 is #1.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Adam Thielen: 113/1373: Cousins doesn't touch top 10. Or 20
Mike Evans: 86/1524: Fitzpatrick/Winston. Ick.
George Kittle: 88/1,377. Mullens/Beathard. Double ick.

Might want to rethink that, and also think twice about throwing those little insults around when you're wrong.

Nothing i said was incorrect. I didn't say some receivers can't make their qb's look good. But my examples are true romo made robinson look better, romo to dez was better than dak to anyone but cooper. Thanks for giving examples of how receivers can make a QB look good.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dez was never constantly getting open.
sure he was, people either didn't care or they just didn't see the missed opportunities. They only saw the results, which was the drops and a fumble. He was already on a short leash with many that didn't care for him and it was easy to bash him.

Of course he wasn't open every play, but he was no where near as "useless" and many thought he was.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Yes I can. But Cooper is a super blue chip WR with a lot of upside potential.

In no particular order:
Antonio Brown, Brandon Cooks, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Kennan Allen, Ty Hill (see what he did to Dallas with Smith at QB), Hopkins, Edelman, JuJu Schuster, Odell Beckem, TY Hilton, AJ Green (injuries but when healthy better), Travis Kelce (TE/HB/WR), Josh Gordon (when not suspended better ask Belichick)...That's 15.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
top of my head these are top tier and I would swap in a heart beat and wouldn't think twice

Brown
OBJ
Evans
Jones
Thomas
Hopkins
Adams
Thielen
Hill

the next group can be debated....
Schuster....coming to his own....
Hilton....steady, deep threat....consistent
Woods...maybe benefiting from the system he is playing in
Diggs.... if you produce with Cousins as your QB.... then I guess you get some credit

so he is somewhere in the top 15, but maybe maybe maybe can squeeze into top 10...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
wow, this list is interesting.
i would not put Boyd, Lockett, Landry, Woods, Edelman above him. everyone else is fine tho. those guys are almost "outrageous" level to be above Cooper, IMO.

Yeah. Especially edelman. He is brady and system made. I cant help but i dont like this guy (on the field).

And i am not sold on shuster. Lets see first what he is able to do now he is given the #1 in pitts.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
I think all this shows is we're in the golden age of WRs and QBs. Maybe that has to do with the rule changes. I dunno. But all these WRs listed are excellent and Coop can hold his own with anyone listed. I do like that he's so young. Hopefully he continues to have a great career in Dallas

Johnny23

Reaction score
Im cool with you also....but
the only 1 I might rank ahead of Amari is Julio...but I won't.....based on what I saw him do here,I think he is the best in the league....and at absolute worst...he is one of the 5-8 best in the league.I do not believe there are 12 better......1 maybe in Julio....but not 12.
In my opinion #19 is #1.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:
EC I respect that bro. I like Amari have him in my top ten.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It is a crime that you have AB in tier 2. Stop it.

It bothers me that Juju was able to jump into the Steelers offense and basically duplicate Brown's stats in year 2.

When I rank WRs, I give the benefit of the doubt to guys producing in subpar situations. It's like how people always discuss offensive lines when they talk running backs. Deandre Hopkins putting up 1,500 yards with Brian Hoyer throwing him the ball counts for a lot more than AB putting up 1,500 yards with a HOF quarterback. Mike Evans has put up five consecutive 1000 yard seasons on an annually terrible Buccaneers team. OBJ is pretty much the only reason Eli still has a job. Julio admittedly plays in a good situation, but he puts up different-universe kind of stats and he's never had a second fiddle come close to his production.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nothing i said was incorrect. I didn't say some receivers can't make their qb's look good. But my examples are true romo made robinson look better, romo to dez was better than dak to anyone but cooper. Thanks for giving examples of how receivers can make a QB look good.
Actually, you did!!!!!!!!!!

Birdgang

Reaction score
Cooper has shown he can be a great WR, but he has also shown he can struggle. You cant judge someone with only a half of a season. You saw is production start to drop a small amount as the season went on " Not huge" Then you see an interview with Dak crediting Zeke not mentioning Amari. For some reason I think it was an Eagles game. Amari had a hell of a game as I was surprised by his comments. Its a tough spot as Amari needs to get paid, you just dont get the normal 4-5 years to see if its a good fit. Even TO was able to behave when winning for a season.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Nope not top 12 and we are about to pay him like hes top 3z

Just like our Quarterback :facepalm:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Nope. He's in the same tier as Dak. Both are Top 12 in their positions. Both are gonna move up those rankings pretty soon, so pay them both!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Cooper has shown he can be a great WR, but he has also shown he can struggle. You cant judge someone with only a half of a season. You saw is production start to drop a small amount as the season went on " Not huge" Then you see an interview with Dak crediting Zeke not mentioning Amari. For some reason I think it was an Eagles game. Amari had a hell of a game as I was surprised by his comments. Its a tough spot as Amari needs to get paid, you just dont get the normal 4-5 years to see if its a good fit. Even TO was able to behave when winning for a season.

To be fair, Amari has the resume though. Despite what some may say, he played well in Oakland. He had one down season, a season playing with a sore foot.