Can you name 12 WR's Better than Cooper?

Birdgang

Reaction score
To be fair, Amari has the resume though. Despite what some may say, he played well in Oakland. He had one down season, a season playing with a sore foot.

I like Amari, but he did lead WRs in drops 2015 and 2017. He was great in 2016 and its still a ??? mark for most part. Most people without an agenda will say he is somewhere in between. " which is not bad" He is young and still teachable, Oakland was a mess past 2 seasons. Now Hopefully the Dallas star treatment does not go to his head. We saw this with both Zeke and Dak 2017 , Dak came back from it from what I saw. It cant be easy being that young with money and fame. They need solid people behind them to keep them on course.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's tough to rate Cooper at present. After a great start, he had a down year, and was having another when we traded for him. Was it all on Carr? I have no idea. Not sure exactly what went down in OAK.

So, at present it's hard for me to put him in the top 12, but I'm actually expecting that to change quickly.
My thoughts exactly! He looked good in Dallas but I think if your gonna rank him higher than 12 he needs to earn it by continuing to play well. That high drop rate in Oakland would make me hesitate to pay him elite money.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He is in that top 12-ish area. It is not really an outrage if he is ranked just outside of that.

I would rank these players ahead of him. But mainly because he needs to have another great season to elevate himself.

Julio Jones
A.J. Green
Odell Beckham
Davante Adams
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Keenan Allen
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
Michael Thomas
Antonio Brown
Mike Evans

I believe he's at least on par talent wise with Diggs and Thielen. Probably better. The others, I agree.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So what we learned here is that we have a 2nd player outside the top 10 at his position who will likely be paid top 3 money. Great!

HungryLion

Reaction score

Regardless we are talking about a top 5 pick who came into the league and made the pro bowl his first two seasons.

The resume is there. Any implication that you can’t extend him based off just a half season with the cowboys, isn’t seeing the bigger picture.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like Amari, but he did lead WRs in drops 2015 and 2017. He was great in 2016 and its still a ??? mark for most part. Most people without an agenda will say he is somewhere in between. " which is not bad" He is young and still teachable, Oakland was a mess past 2 seasons. Now Hopefully the Dallas star treatment does not go to his head. We saw this with both Zeke and Dak 2017 , Dak came back from it from what I saw. It cant be easy being that young with money and fame. They need solid people behind them to keep them on course.

Yeah, he had some drops. But I was responding to the idea that you are extending him off just a half season with the cowboys. My point is that’s not really true. He had a good resume. A top 5 pick who made the pro bowl in 3 out of 4 seasons so far in the league. Drops or no drops, that’s a strong resume.

He does occasionally get a case of the drops, but as we have all seen, he is one of the best big play threats in the league. He is a gamebreaker who is a threat to take it to the house everytime he has the ball in his hands. And he has proven that over and over again so far.

DanA

Reaction score
I view positions as tiers. I would rank the following WRs as:

Tier 1:
Deandre Hopkins
Julio Jones
OBJ
AB
Tyreek Hill

Tier 2:
AJ Green
Davanta Adams
Mike Evans
Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
T.Y. Hilton
Amari Cooper
Juju
Brandin Cooks

You can make a case for some of the ones in Tier 2 to be in Tier 1, or to be dropped to Tier 3. Or some outside of these to be in Tier 2. I could see where someone can list 12 receivers ahead of Amari Cooper, but I believe he belongs with them as well.

I'd personally have TY Hilton and Michael Thomas in Tier 1 and Diggs top of tier 2 with Cooper in the 8-15 range.

kskboys

Reaction score
Regardless we are talking about a top 5 pick who came into the league and made the pro bowl his first two seasons.

The resume is there. Any implication that you can’t extend him based off just a half season with the cowboys, isn’t seeing the bigger picture.
Extend him, absolutely. Pay him 20 mil/season? Paying players based on short periods of success generally leads to unsuccessful seasons.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I view positions as tiers. I would rank the following WRs as:

Tier 1:
Deandre Hopkins
Julio Jones
OBJ
AB
Tyreek Hill

Tier 2:
AJ Green
Davanta Adams
Mike Evans
Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
T.Y. Hilton
Amari Cooper
Juju
Brandin Cooks

You can make a case for some of the ones in Tier 2 to be in Tier 1, or to be dropped to Tier 3. Or some outside of these to be in Tier 2. I could see where someone can list 12 receivers ahead of Amari Cooper, but I believe he belongs with them as well.

If im not mistaken, Thomas has like the best stats of any WR in the history of the NFL after his first 3 seasons. I might be wrong, but I think that is the case.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A good QB can make a receiver look better IE Romo and Robinson, Romo and Dez. We have the opposite issue in Dallas and need our skill players to prop up the would be QB. Since Dak has started every receivers yards per catch have gone down, every year. Outside of coopers 2 long catch and run touchdowns his numbers here were just ok. The last 3 games averaging 4 catches for 26 yards each. Maybe Moores offense will open things up, who knows. But cooper will get plenty of opportunity to use his madden video game moves on defenders and make Dak look like a real QB.
This might be the dumbest post on the boards.
I forget how dumb Dak haters actually are until I read nonsense like this.

Cole Beasley's 1st and 2nd best season occurred under Dak.
Cooper had 22 catches for 280 yards and 1 TD in 6 games last year with Carr... in 9 games with Dak he had 53 catches for 725 yards with 6 TDs.

kskboys

Reaction score
If im not mistaken, Thomas has like the best stats of any WR in the history of the NFL after his first 3 seasons. I might be wrong, but I think that is the case.
Looks to me as if a lot of people don't pay attention to anyone who isn't talked about on ESPN.

Thomas is a complete stud, and should be talked about as top 5, maybe top 3.

People also don't seem to understand how good Edelmann is, as well as Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry.

kskboys

Reaction score
This might be the dumbest post on the boards.
I forget how dumb Dak haters actually are until I read nonsense like this.

Cole Beasley's 1st and 2nd best season occurred under Dak.
Cooper had 22 catches for 280 yards and 1 TD in 6 games last year with Carr... in 9 games with Dak he had 53 catches for 725 yards with 6 TDs.
I really think it goes back to watching too many highlights and not enough games(if any). On the highlight reels, receivers always have big days, and people compare those to Amari's every down play. For instance, Hopkins, who is generally consensus top 5, had 8 games w/ 6 or fewer catches last season, and even had one game w/ 4 catches and one game w/ 3. He was not great every game, no one is.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cooper averaged 80 yards receiving per game and a receiving TD every 1.5 games last year with Dak.
That would be 1280 yards and 10.67 TFs over 16 games.

Then he followed that by having 85 yards per game and 1 TD in 2 playoff games just to prove it wasn't a fluke or versus bad teams.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Looks to me as if a lot of people don't pay attention to anyone who isn't talked about on ESPN.

Thomas is a complete stud, and should be talked about as top 5, maybe top 3.

People also don't seem to understand how good Edelmann is, as well as Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry.
The WR rankings lists are routinely rated to past performance. Some way past.

Keenan Allen is a better player than Antonio Brown in 2019.
Can't wait until average fans pick up other metrics than just box score stats like passes caught and TDs like they have for other sports.

Yards per target and catch % matter.

Michael Thomas had 130 catches on 163 targets. That's insane production.