Can't be quarterback: name one Cowboy player from the past you would put on this current team

shabazz

Reaction score
Witten in his prime, since it would greatly help our Red Zone efficiency ,which I saw here is currently last in the NFL

2nd choice is Danny White since he was officially the team's punter......and he can do other things as well

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Randy White, Gallimore, Gregory, Dlaw with a side of Parsons - no running allowed

Bring Fredbeard back and this OL is the best in the league even with CW at LG.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We see this argument often. Bob Lilly or Randy White or Mean Joe Greene couldn’t play today.

For one, if they played today, Lilly would bulk up and play at 280, not 260. White played at 265-270. Greene at 275. Those two would easily be 285 today.

Isn’t Donald 6’1” 280? He’s the best in the past 30 years but do you think he’s stronger than White, who benched 450 lb at 10 reps? Or Lilly who lifted the front end of a car onto the curb by himself? White and Greene were so quick in shooting the guard-center gap, and Lilly was quicker than the both of them.

Lilly was legendary. He’d be fine in 2021.
Well said and I agree. Mel Renfro could also play in the current NFL as could Bob Hayes who is in the same league as Bolt if you compensate for Hayes’s times updated to a modern track.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Witten in his prime, since it would greatly help our Red Zone efficiency ,which I saw here is currently last in the NFL

2nd choice is Danny White since he was officially the team's punter......and he can do other things as well
Our red zone efficiency is not last in the NFL, are you serious or being sarcastic like Risen Star?

We have the best punter in the NFL and you pick Danny White because he could punt. He was an average punter for his era too!

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Redzone is ranked 1st in home games, away games we drop a lot in redzone but Dallas is far from last in the NFL in redzone

Brax

Reaction score
Jim Brown is the goat by what measure?

Heck, prime Adrian Peterson is better than any RB that’s ever played on their best day.
I take it you never saw Jim Brown play, No 1 RB all time hands down.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
With the defense ballin' today I'd say an OL legend or Herschel Walker. His build and speed would translate to today and he'd be challenging Derek Henry for best in the league.

Not with Kellen Moore calling plays he wouldn't.

shabazz

Reaction score
Redzone is ranked 1st in home games, away games we drop a lot in redzone but Dallas is far from last in the NFL in redzone

I was saying it tongue in cheek because of the eroneus red zone ranking thread!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with ES. He changes everything for the offense.

Larry Allen is my back up.

If we bring Norv with him then I'd go with Emmitt.. if Kellen Moore is still here then Larry would be the better pick..

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Prime whitten would be lethal up the seam. Irving would get those tough first downs. And coakley would be flying all over the field.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid the endless Dak debates, though I might just be fooling myself. So, you can't pick Staubach, Aikman or any other Cowboys quarterback. Aside from that, which past Cowboy player and his position would you team with this offense or defense.

Me? It's a tie between Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Emmitt Smith.

I gotta go Emmitt Smith. His durability, reliability and productivity at the running back position would make us a better balanced team and even more dangerous offensively. I'm okay with the pass rush, and although I'd take an upgrade on the offensive line, I think we can get by with the line we have, provided Tyron Smith returns.
However, the lack of a running game concerns me. And I believe we'll have to lean more on that in the playoffs.

But that's my take. What's yours?

Randy White

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with many here that a DT would be our best bet. I think Russell Maryland would fit today's DT size and build.

Not as great as Bob Lilly or Randy White, but would fit our defense better today.

Maryland wasn’t a big impact player. Not him over all the other choices …