Can't we trade for Lamar?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Keep dreaming brother. The day will come when Dallas isn't married to Dak's bank account. It just won't be today.
do we have a rough date for this? I am so jealous watching this current group of franchise QB's play. I don't hate Dak, we are getting what you would expect out of a 4th rounder, so if that is the case we are laying our hopes and dreams on MM turning him into liquid gold?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah this is all that matters right here, it's not happening. It looks like in 2024 his cap hit is 40 mil vs 89 mil this coming season, maybe then but not now.
Ya, they end up saving $12m if they move him in 2024 (if he isn't restructured this season). Still though, that's a ton of money to not be using on improving your roster. I'm thinking our best bet is to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds this season to compete. Puts heat on Dak to get better, and could be his permanent replacement in 25 if he doesn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
problem is he has never, ever had a WR core to throw the ball to. I know he is dinged up, but so has our guy. If healthy though, he has the skill set we badly need...I do realize this is likely not to happen, but one can hope
Don’t know why you would hope for Lamar Jackson. He’s had one real good year and that was 4 years ago. He only had 3100 passing yards that season. He missed his last five games in 2021 and the last five games this season, which were the most critical games. His playoff record is 1-3. I’ve never been that sold on him and l’m not sure the Ravens are totally sold on him either at least not for the money he’s looking for. Granted, he’s a great athlete who can run but you don’t see teams winning championships with the style of QB he is. His playoff performances haven’t been that good.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Don’t know why you would hope for Lamar Jackson. He’s had one real good year and that was 4 years ago. He only had 3100 passing yards that season. He missed his last five games in 2021 and the last five games this season, which were the most critical games. His playoff record is 1-3. I’ve never been that sold on him and l’m not sure the Ravens are totally sold on him either at least not for the money he’s looking for. Granted, he’s a great athlete who can run but you don’t see teams winning championships with the style of QB he is. His playoff performances haven’t been that good.
Neither has Dak's and he's 2-4 which is similar to 1-3. I'm not a big fan of Lamar either though, but acting like we have the answer already is just wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Neither has Dak's and he's 2-4 which is similar to 1-3. I'm not a big fan of Lamar either though, but acting like we have the answer already is just wrong.
Dak is a much better answer than some teams have at the position. He has led us do back to back 12 wins seasons, and won our first playoff win on the road in 30 years. Acting like we have a bad situation at QB is just wrong. He needs to play more consistently, but things could be worse.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I mean, I know it's cliche'd, but do you even watch football? Lamar has gotten hurt now the last two seasons, which is right in line w/ what happens to running QB's.
Ironically Lamar was injured in the pocket but I agree with you that if you take away Lamar’s legs he is ordinary. The Ravens management does not want to pay because of those concerns.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am aware that is the likely outcome, but considering the angst between the two parties do they want that distraction again next year? His tag figure is over $45 big ones...grasping at straws on my end I know, however..
Hypotheticals are best when there is some chance of them happening. Dak being traded isnt one of tgem

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well the Iggles will likely win another ring with a running QB in two weeks. I honestly don't think the Ravens have given him the offensive talent to help him succeed, so he has had to take things under control on his own. No doubt he has question marks, but he has intanglibles, , the intangibles our QB doesn't have

DFWJC

Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while. Could we not put a package together and trade for the apparently unhappy Lamar J? He will soon be signing a monster contract, Dak's will fail in comparison....we throw in a draft pick and hope Dak waives his no trade clause? Cap hit? Do the Ravens like Dak?

I am likely missing some key reasons why this won't happen, aside from the obvious.....fire away
Can you see McCarthy having an OC that runs that type of offense?
Just don't see it , at all.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Can you see McCarthy having an OC that runs that type of offense?
Just don't see it , at all.
no, but what we have hasn't worked in big games. I know this won't happen, but we need something

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well the Iggles will likely win another ring with a running QB in two weeks. I honestly don't think the Ravens have given him the offensive talent to help him succeed, so he has had to take things under control on his own. No doubt he has question marks, but he has intanglibles, , the intangibles our QB doesn't have
Hurts is a better passer than Jackson. He had over 3700 yards passing, which is close to 600 yards more than Jackson has ever passed for and Hurts completed almost 67% of his passes. His passer rating was 101.1. Jackson is closer to a RB than a QB. This isn’t to say he’s not a great player because he is, but it’s running that makes him a great player. Michael Robinson on NFL Network stated several weeks ago that he thought the Ravens backup QB was a better passer than Jackson. Many aren’t sold on Jackson as a passer. Jackson doesn’t have enough intangibles for me to want to replace Dak with him. Jackson is a better version of Michael Vick who never won anything. In four playoff games Jackson has only completed 55% of his passes. He only has 3 TD passes compared to 5 INTs. I don’t think the Ravens will ever win a championship with him.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Hurts is a better passer than Jackson. He had over 3700 yards passing, which is close to 600 yards more than Jackson has ever passed for and Hurts completed almost 67% of his passes. His passer rating was 101.1. Jackson is closer to a RB than a QB. This isn’t to say he’s not a great player because he is, but it’s running that makes him a great player. Michael Robinson on NFL Network stated several weeks ago that he thought the Ravens backup QB was a better passer than Jackson. Many aren’t sold on Jackson as a passer. Jackson doesn’t have enough intangibles for me to want to replace Dak with him. Jackson is a better version of Michael Vick who never won anything. In four playoff games Jackson has only completed 55% of his passes. He only has 3 TD passes compared to 5 INTs. I don’t think the Ravens will ever win a championship with him.
there certainly are some red flags with them but again.....the Ravens have not supported him with the weapons on offense that Dallas has supported Dak with. Imagine Dak playing in Indy? WFT? A host of others with no supporting cast. If Dak wasn't a 7 year player with us already I would have patience with his development.....no clue how this gets better

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
there certainly are some red flags with them but again.....the Ravens have not supported him with the weapons on offense that Dallas has supported Dak with. Imagine Dak playing in Indy? WFT? A host of others with no supporting cast. If Dak wasn't a 7 year player with us already I would have patience with his development.....no clue how this gets better
Baltimore would have a tough time supporting him with more weapons with the kind of money he’s looking to get paid. He has to be looking for around 50 million per. He such a weapon as a runner the Ravens may not feel the need to support him with more weapons. Dak had an up and down season, but he’s still a very good QB when he’s on. We saw that against Tampa. We’ll see if a new OC makes a difference.