Cap hell is coming

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
And yet the capologist stays where he is.....after all, he is doing an amazing job. It's only a coincidence he is Jerry's offspring.

I can see other FO muttering how stupid he is, and how they do the financial gymnastics to manipulate all this with fewer headaches. Difference between calculus and remedial arithmetic.

ICP

Reaction score
Maybe by saying 'But into us' they actually want us to start sending them cash to pay the players, we should set up a Go Fund Me

stiletto

Reaction score
Nearly every team that is in cap hell or rebuild mode seems to get rid of it all and end up in the playoffs a year or so later. (Texans, Rams almost, Eagles, Bucs, etc) Why can't the Cowboys do it? Jerry is really that scared? Crazy..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think we all know what the Cowboys will do. They are extending Dak.

If they wanted to blow it all up and start over they would have fired McCarthy. Instead it's obvious they want to run it all back and try, try again.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Of course it is. The Cowboys have always been under water when it comes to roster management and the cap. They can't resist paying guys they drafted that 2nd contract instead of moving on and trying to get something for them in a trade.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When has this team ever been in cap hell?
Exactly. The "cap hell" only arrives if Dallas cuts Dak or does not extend him, thus letting him play out this deal at an outrageous cost.

I know a lot fans hate him so much they want to see the team crater just to get rid of him. But if anyone is under the delusion that this will actually happen, I don't know what to say at this point.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cap ALWAYS works itself out for all team.
When the Saints were supposed $90 million in the hole with probably well over half was due to Brees.
somehow they still field a competitive team.