Cap hell is coming

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus you have no FEAR of losing your income. All these people are filthy rich...What incentive do they have to win. No pressure what so ever. Either way? I'm good :facepalm:
And that’s why this organization’s top brass are willing to throw away whole seasons and players careers because they are never up against the wall to “win or else”….

Somehow the winning owners of the last 28 Super Bowls figured out it was a really good idea to hire someone else to serve in the GM position.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The teams winning SBs watch Stephen Jones proclaim “We don’t have cap room for that”. Then they say “hold my beer” and somehow they find a way. Year after year.
This is correct

Don’t mistake my comments on cap hell as a defense of our spending habits. If anything it’s a reflection that we are too conservative during the offseason. There are so many ways to avoid the consequences of overspending that it just doesn’t make sense to be so conservative.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why does everything go back to Dak? If I said Jesus is coming you guys will say but Dak….so we can’t have any opinion on this site without it going back to Dak?
Salary cap thread and you get pissed because we speak about the player with by far the biggest cap influence. Oh my the humanity of it all!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is correct

Don’t mistake my comments on cap hell as a defense of our spending habits. If anything it’s a reflection that we are too conservative during the offseason. There are so many ways to avoid the consequences of overspending that it just doesn’t make sense to be so conservative.
I agree. I wish we could somehow find the old riverboat gambler Jerry used to be. The salary cap is a giant runbber band, not a giant chain.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Salary cap thread and you get pissed because we speak about the player with by far the biggest cap influence. Oh my the humanity of it all!
No that’s not what my post said. My post said Goff sucked and you felt the need to come to his defense by bringing up Dak? I don’t understand….my post said nothing about salary….

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You extend him you free up money to sign players and stay put you take a bigger hit. Will see what this front office wants to do
Like Jerry hasn't handicapped the team for DECADES....versus years....:lmao:
And that’s why this organization’s top brass are willing to throw away whole seasons and players careers because they are never up against the wall to “win or else”….

Somehow the winning owners of the last 28 Super Bowls figured out it was a really good idea to hire someone else to serve in the GM position.
That's why I say all these fans just saying "Dak" are phonies!!!!! They say Dak yet nothing about the main cancer-Jerry Jones and family. Get Dak out of here and what's going to change that hasn't in 28 years???? Really?????

Desperado

Reaction score
No it’s not.

There’s no such thing as cap hell when you can take interest free loans against future salary caps whenever you want.

Its especially not coming when the salary cap
Continues to rise every season due to increasing revenue.
Except that you do things like signing Zeke to a 6 year deal that ends up costing you $6M cap dead money in 2024 (2 yrs after he left the team). The cap is real. cap manipulation is real. But when you have to manipulate the cap too much because of agreeing to dumb contracts, it prevents the team from having another vet or two on the roster who get meaningful snaps. Or it means cutting somebody like Brandon Cooks or Brian Anger early and going with a rookie or retread to shave a few $M. Then, you have a shallow roster that can't hold up to a full season.

Staubacher

Reaction score
When your QB needs to be surrounded by All Pros, but his salary prevents stockpiling talent, you are indeed in cap hell.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Except that you do things like signing Zeke to a 6 year deal that ends up costing you $6M cap dead money in 2024 (2 yrs after he left the team). The cap is real. cap manipulation is real. But when you have to manipulate the cap too much because of agreeing to dumb contracts, it prevents the team from having another vet or two on the roster who get meaningful snaps. Or it means cutting somebody like Brandon Cooks or Brian Anger early and going with a rookie or retread to shave a few $M. Then, you have a shallow roster that can't hold up to a full season.
nobody said it wasn’t.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No that’s not what my post said. My post said Goff sucked and you felt the need to come to his defense by bringing up Dak? I don’t understand….my post said nothing about salary….
The thread literally is called cap hell...lol

PS....Goff has just led them to the championship game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The thread literally is called cap hell...lol

PS....Goff has just led them to the championship game.
He did. Also "led" the Rams to the SB....I'm confused so you're saying Goff is a championship QB? I'm confused by your approach....