Image: Cap Hit Breakdown of Supposed 4 vs 5 Year Offers to Dak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ok, not sure why you think you are the only one that is correct BUT everything everyone else posted contradicts you. And then when i use the calculator on your link you say it doesn't work.

Sorry dude but you are way off on this one but whatever.

and once again, straight from your link
1. Make an Extra House Payment Each Quarter
You’ll pay your mortgage off 11 years early, and you’ll save more than $65,000 in interest.
The only way you’re gonna know is to ask your lender isn’t it. I hope it can work out for you that’s all I can say. I have no interest in this this was just an analogy for a Prescott discussion earlier. And someone challenged me and I’m stating facts not opinions

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ok, not sure why you think you are the only one that is correct BUT everything everyone else posted contradicts you. And then when i use the calculator on your link you say it doesn't work.

Sorry dude but you are way off on this one but whatever.

and once again, straight from your link
You’ll pay your mortgage off 11 years early, and you’ll save more than $65,000 in interest.
11 years isn’t that a good thing. The first guy said it was only three years. I’m telling you it could even be more . I said you could take a 30 year mortgage and turn it into 17 years. That’s 13 years difference. You come up with 11. I’m telling you if you do it my way if there’s six more years to save.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have over 100,000 posts on the old Cowboys fan forum. Never press the report button never put anyone on ignore. This is a strange Forum. Most people here don’t have integrity from what I see. A lot of hypocritical statements. By me saying I don’t care it’s not my money what’s the support my argument. By saying why would I tell you this if it wasn’t true. I’m having an issue with the way you think maybe you are the One with lack of integrity. That’s the way you think. So I must be true

Regardless of how many posts you supposedly had, you are demonstrably lying about what happened when you paid an extra 1/12th a year.

It is what it is. I make my claim with supported evidence. You are just being boring with tit for tat. Anywho I am not wasting my time disputing things that are obvious falsehoods any longer. have fun playing martyr.

bud914

Reaction score
The only way you’re gonna know is to ask your lender isn’t it. I hope it can work out for you that’s all I can say. I have no interest in this this was just an analogy for a Prescott discussion earlier. And someone challenged me and I’m stating facts not opinions
unfortunately what you believe are facts are not. somewhere you got something wrong.

and you haven''t addressed the one blurb from the link you gave. it's saying if you make 4 extra house payments a year your mortgage gets reduced by 11 years yet you contend that 1 extra house payment saves 13 years. do you not see how this is impossible??

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Regardless of how many posts you supposedly had, you are demonstrably lying about what happened when you paid an extra 1/12th a year.

It is what it is. I make my claim with supported evidence. You are just being boring with tit for tat. Anywho I am not wasting my time disputing things that are obvious falsehoods any longer. have fun playing martyr.
I never said that. I said you make one extra payment a year. That will drop your mortgage to 17 years from 30. So obviously you didn’t understand what I said in the first place

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
unfortunately what you believe are facts are not. somewhere you got something wrong.

and you haven''t addressed the one blurb from the link you gave. it's saying if you make 4 extra house payments a year your mortgage gets reduced by 11 years yet you contend that 1 extra house payment saves 13 years. do you not see how this is impossible??
Don’t you understand a quarter is different than yearly. It changes the entire calculation. Did you people go to school. I’m trying not to be disrespectful. What do you not understanding. Quarterly is not the same as yearly. Come on really

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Be good be safe my cowboy family. No wonder People think,there’s an issue with the salary cap. Some people still believe players salaries are paid by season-ticket holder’s.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Do you see how the original person said it was only three or four years.Then it went to 8 No it’s 11. You’re learning. I’m telling you it’s more

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Then why did you bother in the first place. LMAO

Flamma

Reaction score
One last time. You can pay monthly you can pay quarterly you can pay yearly. Monthly drops it maybe 3 to 4 years, quarterly drops at 5 to 8 years, yearly drops it 12 to 13 years

We got our mortgage in 2000 and it was paid off in 2018 doing something very similar.

bud914

Reaction score
Don’t you understand a quarter is different than yearly. It changes the entire calculation. Did you people go to school. I’m trying not to be disrespectful. What do you not understanding. Quarterly is not the same as yearly. Come on really
stop...try and understand. it is 4 extra mortgage payments per year, yours is one. the money for each payment is the same, the 4 payments are each a monthly payment, not 1/4 of one.

so if your mortgage is $1000 the example above is an extra $4000 a year. your example is only $1000 per year.

there is no possible mathematical equation that makes yours cut off 13 years while mine is only 11 years. if you can't understand even this then you should never ever give monetary advice anywhere.

bud914

Reaction score
We got our mortgage in 2000 and it was paid off in 2018 doing something very similar.
you were probably paying extra principal payments monthly. depending on how much you pout down that is entirely possible. mine was a 15 year mortgage we paid in 12 years putting extra each month.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
stop...try and understand. it is 4 extra mortgage payments per year, yours is one. the money for each payment is the same, the 4 payments are each a monthly payment, not 1/4 of one.

so if your mortgage is $1000 the example above is an extra $4000 a year. your example is only $1000 per year.

there is no possible mathematical equation that makes yours cut off 13 years while mine is only 11 years. if you can't understand even this then you should never ever give monetary advice anywhere.
I do understand. Making the four extra payments a year. It’s not the same as one extra payment a year. Even if it might be more. It’s not calculated the same. Maybe that’s what you’re not understanding. They want that giant lump sum all at once. That’s the secret

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you were probably paying extra principal payments monthly. depending on how much you pout down that is entirely possible. mine was a 15 year mortgage we paid in 12 years putting extra each month.
And I’m telling you you can save more if you do it just once a year. It’s calculated totally differently. Then spread out.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
15 year mortgage Compared to 30 year mortgage. Is another calculation. That’s why I would never take out a 15 year mortgage. You’re paying so much more and can’t save as much. Because the time isn’t there. Take out a 30 year mortgage and you can change it to a 17 year mortgage and not pay nearly as much each month

bud914

Reaction score
I do understand. Making the four extra payments a year. It’s not the same as one extra payment a year. Even if it might be more. It’s not calculated the same. Maybe that’s what you’re not understanding. They want that giant lump sum all at once. That’s the secret
i'm done
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQRQVA2b23LeN1wAsue094VB90dOiRWT0hbLZIAA3F1HhLuUyEm&usqp=CAU

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m on my third home I’m 65 years old. Three different mortgages obviously. My last one only turned out to be 17 years from 30. I’m ready for retirement congratulations people

bud914

Reaction score
15 year mortgage Compared to 30 year mortgage. Is another calculation. That’s why I would never take out a 15 year mortgage. You’re paying so much more and can’t save as much. Because the time isn’t there. Take out a 30 year mortgage and you can change it to a 17 year mortgage and not pay nearly as much each month
WOW