Image: Cap Hit Breakdown of Supposed 4 vs 5 Year Offers to Dak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why wow it’s a fact. I’m not stating opinion here Plus I thought you were done. That’s a loss of integrity. LOL again I’m happy for you seriously anything we can save from Copa América is a big deal

Flamma

Reaction score
you were probably paying extra principal payments monthly. depending on how much you pout down that is entirely possible. mine was a 15 year mortgage we paid in 12 years putting extra each month.

My wife figured this out. She was an accounting manager at Verizon. So even though I don't know the details, I know we weren't paying extra each month. I'm fairly certain it was an extra payment or two each year. This isn't new however. I remember this little trick being talked about going back decades.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My wife figured this out. She was an accounting manager at Verizon. So even though I don't know the details, I know we weren't paying extra each month. I'm fairly certain it was an extra payment or two each year. This isn't new however. I remember this little trick being talked about going back decades.
My wife works on Main frames. For the state we live in. She designed a system for TDI and unemployment. Probably 28 years ago. That’s how I learn from her. You have to love women intelligent women

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have nothing to win, nothing to lose. This was about the salary cap. And an analogy I was using. I don’t know why people can’t understand if someone isn’t trying to get something from them. But anyways congratulations on the house being paid for

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dak wants a 4 year deal. He should take a bit less each year. It’s a fair compromise.
That’s what basically started the whole conversation. LOL I tried to use the house mortgage as an analogy It just went right over some peoples heads but not everyone. I got many of likes. Not that I care about lakes just that people understood

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A top quarterback today will get 30 million hearsay. Four or five years from now the top quarterbacks will be getting 40 50 million. If the virus doesn’t interfere. It’s about inflated dollars. You pay the guy because you want him. Or you don’t pay them because you don’t want them. Has nothing to do with the salary cap but that’s an excuse people like to use

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so you are saying if my mortgage is $1000 a month and i make one extra $1000 payment a year it will reduce my years from 30 to 17

but if i make 4 extra $1000 payments quarterly each year it will only reduce my mortgage from 30 to 19 years...

does that seem correct to you??
I read your post wrong. I thought you were dividing the thousand by four. My bad. But there was a lot going on

Flamma

Reaction score
15 year mortgage Compared to 30 year mortgage. Is another calculation. That’s why I would never take out a 15 year mortgage. You’re paying so much more and can’t save as much. Because the time isn’t there. Take out a 30 year mortgage and you can change it to a 17 year mortgage and not pay nearly as much each month

Right. My mortgage was 1100, just rounding off. 15 years would have been 1400. So if you do the math it comes out to somewhere around 10-12k less. But doing this is hard for people to maintain. We absolutely refused to pay for 30 years.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right. My mortgage was 1100, just rounding off. 15 years would have been 1400. So if you do the math it comes out to somewhere around 10-12k less. But doing this is hard for people to maintain. We absolutely refused to pay for 30 years.
I’ll give you a gold star for reading comprehension. It’s hard for people to understand I get that. I was just trying to be helpful

Flamma

Reaction score
My wife works on Main frames. For the state we live in. She designed a system for TDI and unemployment. Probably 28 years ago. That’s how I learn from her. You have to love women intelligent women

Absolutely. For many reasons.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m actually very impressed. That you Grasped that information so easily.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m actually very impressed. That you Grasped that information so easily.

Well thanks. Even though I am not among the best when it comes to complicated material, I've been told that I roll with the best of them when it comes to simple math or concepts. My wife helped too. What you were doing reminded me of when I was trying to explain what a contract extension was in the NFL. Not this thread, but a thread where someone thought Dak lost 30M by not signing last year. He didn't. And for whatever reason they didn't get it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If Dak wants a 4 year deal. He should take a bit less each year. It’s a fair compromise.

Totally agree.

I would even give him a greater performance bonus package if we succeed.

He's got to see that if he gets the $35/$38m per then it'll effect the team (especially defence).

It's like having a Ferrari but no gas = pointless.

Depends on Dak's main motivation: whether its the ego and biggest contract or being paid really well and win.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I do not recall any reported 4yr offer. Link? Name of source?

it doesn't matter what the link is because it will just be some sportswriter speculating what the deals that are and have been proposed.