Car Talk....Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers

k19

Reaction score
I still havent figured out how I went from constantly tinkering with 350's for years and years to working on Hondas. This responsibility thing can be a drag sometimes.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Have never heard of them or the show....sorry.

Now to hijack the thread.

Sometime this year, or possibly next year, depending on circumstances I will be looking at buying a new car.

Have thought about these two, both sporty, both between 20-30 grand.

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT S
2005 Celica GT

Was wondering if anybody has those cars or knows people with those cars and could give me any info as to if you or they like those cars.
Well to go back to the original hijack, my friend has an Eclipse. If you're a tall person, it might not be for you. If you're a larger person, it might not be for you. She's 5'2" and fits her fine. I'm 5'8" and I always feel stuffed even though I have plenty of room for my legs; usually after pushing the seat all the way to back seat.

But it drives awesome and has great gas mileage. She scared me when we drove from Floresville to the other side of San Antonio with the fuel light on. I told her I was not about to walk the side of the freeway with my three-inch heels on...lol We were going out and she didn't want to stop before we got to the club.:eek:

k19

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Well to go back to the original hijack, my friend has an Eclipse. If you're a tall person, it might not be for you. If you're a larger person, it might not be for you. She's 5'2" and fits her fine. I'm 5'8" and I always feel stuffed even though I have plenty of room for my legs; usually after pushing the seat all the way to back seat.

But it drives awesome and has great gas mileage. She scared me when we drove from Floresville to the other side of San Antonio with the fuel light on. I told her I was not about to walk the side of the freeway with my three-inch heels on...lol We were going out and she didn't want to stop before we got to the club.:eek:

3" heels? No wonder you have to push the seat all the way back.

Funny thing is even with those heels you're still almost 2 inches shorter than my wife is barefoot :eek:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I knew there as a reason I liked you lol.

I like camaros as well....but you see plenty of them, you did not see as many firebirds.

Mine was charcoal gray....it was actually used for racing before I got it, never did put the regular seatbelts back in, they were in a brown paper bag in the trunk lol.

Loved that car.....kicks self again. :banghead:

Sounds NIIIIIICE...yep, the camaros were cliche...the firebird was a different animal.

Nice place to put the seatbelts by the way...

Well we both can :banghead:

I sold my 1963 Telecaster for $95...worth about $15,000 today.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:

Thanks for the info.

I am not a tall person by any stretch of the imagination.....my wife is around 5'9 though...however she does not need to be in my ride anyways haha.

It just has a nice mix (from what I have seen) of style, options, power and looks that I like.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
3" heels? No wonder you have to push the seat all the way back.

Funny thing is even with those heels you're still almost 2 inches shorter than my wife is barefoot :eek:
Shoes are off til you get to the club...:cool: :D

I've heard men like tall women for their long legs. I'm ok-tall for a female even tho I won't be the tallest of the bunch. And I'm cool w/that. It's hard enough to find a man w/o heels. Finding one to pass the heel test is a true challenge.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Sounds NIIIIIICE...yep, the camaros were cliche...the firebird was a different animal.

Nice place to put the seatbelts by the way...

Well we both can :banghead:

I sold my 1963 Telecaster for $95...worth about $15,000 today.

Ouch on the guitar....although I am not a fender fan I have to still say ouch because of the price difference lol.

How about that wrap around bumper on the front of those fire birds, made them look like a predator.
And if you had the side vents...the thing reminded me of an angry shark lol.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I was not about to walk the side of the freeway with my three-inch heels on...:

Now there's the ultimate hijack comment.

3 inch heels?

Oh my. :nervous:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:

I've heard men like tall women for their long legs. I'm ok-tall for a female even tho I won't be the tallest of the bunch. And I'm cool w/that. It's hard enough to find a man w/o heels. Finding one to pass the heel test is a true challenge.

Don't lie...women like high heels because it makes their backsides look better. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ouch on the guitar....although I am not a fender fan I have to still say ouch because of the price difference lol.

How about that wrap around bumper on the front of those fire birds, made them look like a predator.
And if you had the side vents...the thing reminded me of an angry shark lol.

The 80 had that front bumper...looked like an angry hawk...and mine was black so it really had THE look...

The older ones had huge rust issues...at least up here they did...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
The 80 had that front bumper...looked like an angry hawk...and mine was black so it really had THE look...

The older ones had huge rust issues...at least up here they did...

Yes we have rust issues here as well...so much snow/salt on the roads.

I know as soon as I get the new car, if I ever do lol, I will be heading for Ziebarts to get the undercarriage coated.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Thanks for the info.

I am not a tall person by any stretch of the imagination.....my wife is around 5'9 though...however she does not need to be in my ride anyways haha.

It just has a nice mix (from what I have seen) of style, options, power and looks that I like.
No problem. Got a guy friend who had one of the older models, which was a little smaller than the ones they make now. He was about 5'10 and had a fairly slim build. And he pushed the seats back too. My friend has one of the newer models, don't remember the year, but it's recent. It's really nice, rides real well. Car will speed up quick and you won't feel it. Have to tell her to slow down sometimes. Sits low to the ground, but you don't feel the bumps from the road much. Trust me I know. We drive to her fam's ranch everytime I go visit and they don't have many paved roads out there.

k19

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

she HATES being 6' tall. She's always complaining that she cant find cute clothes that fit. The other day she told me she was going to buy jeans in the Misses or Jr's or whatever section because regular jeans in that section made perfect capris for her

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Thanks I just spit water on my monitor :p:

I still want an Grand National GNX. To this day I am miffed that my father didnt get a Grand National back in 87. Now thats MY kinda car

Yes I liked those Grand Nationals and the older Monte Carlo SS cars....both were mean looking and loaded with power.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Don't lie...women like high heels because it makes their backsides look better. :D
I don't need heels for that, sweetie.:)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:
No problem. Got a guy friend who had one of the older models, which was a little smaller than the ones they make now. He was about 5'10 and had a fairly slim build. And he pushed the seats back too. My friend has one of the newer models, don't remember the year, but it's recent. It's really nice, rides real well. Car will speed up quick and you won't feel it. Have to tell her to slow down sometimes. Sits low to the ground, but you don't feel the bumps from the road much. Trust me I know. We drive to her fam's ranch everytime I go visit and they don't have many paved roads out there.

Oh that last bit of info is good...something I really wondered about as some of the roads around my area are pretty bad (for those wanting to comment I am talking about paved roads lol).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
she HATES being 6' tall. She's always complaining that she cant find cute clothes that fit. The other day she told me she was going to buy jeans in the Misses or Jr's or whatever section because regular jeans in that section made perfect capris for her
Funny, one of my real close friends who's also a former model, does not have that problem. She dresses real nice, both casual and formal. If you like, I can ask her where she buys her clothes, cuz I have no idea.

My other tall friends aren't quite as fashionable. Not to down their taste, but...:p: