Cardinals Message Board Thoughts

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Here are some thoughts from the Cad. fans:

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Topic: Adrian vs. Roy[/font] [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]RogueCardinal [/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]
c_mc_2.jpg

Member # 1653

[/font]
icon1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]posted 10-28-2005 09:02 AM [/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]This week Adrian has a chance to show that he is the better SS between the two. I feel that Adrian outplayed Roy last year, yet he didn't get a sniff of recognition. Roy may be the most overrated player in the entire league, I will give him credit for being great in run support, but the guy is a gas can when it comes to pass defense.

Adrian is off to a slow start this season as far as big plays goes, so this could be his week to explode. As far as Roy Williams goes hopefully he can also make a big play for us, ie like he did for Washington and Santana Moss.
[/font]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - -

Thoughts? I think this guy might be nuts. Roy is having an awesome year.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
If the Cowboys underestimate the Cardinals. They will get their arses kicked.

Funxva

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:

I'm not advocating underestimating any team. I'm saying that there is no way that the cards SS is doing better than Roy. Last year or this year.

Funxva

Reaction score
Yup. it's of of azcardinals.com.

You have to register though. Some interesting stuff on there. Like the QB controvery between BenchWarmer and Mc gown.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, Wilson has less tackles per game, less sacks, less INT's, and less forced fumbles this year.

The problem is that Roy has this stigma of being awful in coverage (even KC Joyner doesn't agree with that) and almost every time a big pass is completed Roy gets the blame.

For example, I read people blaming Roy for Jeramy Stevens' reception in the last Seattle drive. Unfortunately, Willie Pile was covering Stevens. Even worse, Roy was blitzing on that play.

Rich......

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
another board, I've been reading is arizonasportsfans.com; real low traffic, but I didn't have to register and the content is ok... and yes they believe our secondary is overrated..

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63101
I read a few threads, and they seem to think that since we play Roy in the box a lot, all they have to do is throw deep to single-covered WRs.

Somehow I think other teams may have thought of that before, though. ;)

KingTuna

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:

With all the attention Parcells has been getting about talking to his players everyday I do not see HOW they could be underestimating them.

In fact, I won't be surprised to see the Cardinals take the WRATH of the team after losing last week.

:starspin

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Yup. it's of of azcardinals.com.

You have to register though. Some interesting stuff on there. Like the QB controvery between BenchWarmer and Mc gown.

Bench-Warner.....that's a classic!!
icon10.gif

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well there not totally wrong, Roy is not great at coverage, rmeember that one where Shockey is open by about 30 yards and he catches him at the end zone and makes the aw shucks sign, not exactly HOF here. He's got to play better in coverage it's part of being an all-pro safety...

silver

Reaction score
i'm glad they think roy is overated. it'll centainly come back to haunt them. i doubt boldin and fitzgerald share that thought. they'll be aligator arms accross the middle on sunday guaranteed

Funxva

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
With all the attention Parcells has been getting about talking to his players everyday I do not see HOW they could be underestimating them.

In fact, I won't be surprised to see the Cardinals take the WRATH of the team after losing last week.

:starspin

I think they are going to come out fired up, and hit some people. But I hope to God that they don't play down to the Cardinals. I want to Philly-stomp them.

zagnut

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Well, Wilson has less tackles per game, less sacks, less INT's, and less forced fumbles this year.

The problem is that Roy has this stigma of being awful in coverage (even KC Joyner doesn't agree with that) and almost every time a big pass is completed Roy gets the blame.

For example, I read people blaming Roy for Jeramy Stevens' reception in the last Seattle drive. Unfortunately, Willie Pile was covering Stevens. Even worse, Roy was blitzing on that play.

Rich......

From NFL.com, Wilson has 41 tackles in 6 games. Roy has 37 tackles in 7 games. They're both terrific Safeties, but 41 in 6 games is > than 37 tackles in 7 games.

Wilson also bettered Roy in nearly every stat last year. Cardinals fans are just pointing out that popularity does not always equal production and some players are hyped while others are ignored. This is something most fans say when their team's players don't get any love from the media or other fans...including Cowboys fans.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
There's a team in Arizona???
Unfortunately, there is. I'd like to lose them to Los Angeles, but all they want is our water.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Hmmm Ok, Williams is overrated lets see how many times Fitzgerald goes dont the middle....ROY Will be Waiting..... :cool:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:
Well there not totally wrong, Roy is not great at coverage, rmeember that one where Shockey is open by about 30 yards and he catches him at the end zone and makes the aw shucks sign, not exactly HOF here. He's got to play better in coverage it's part of being an all-pro safety...

What does that play have to do with Roy's coverage ability? Roy didn't cover Shockey on that play. Roy's "Ability" had nothing to do with Shockey getting open on that play.

Shaun

Reaction score
Tackles aren't the best stat to compare, especially when there is only a difference of 4 tackles between the two safeties. The Cowboys defense is on the field less than most other defenses in the NFL. So other defense will have more total tackles than the 'boys will.