Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

mcmvp

Reaction score
How many receivers do they need? He's probably signing with a team where he has a chance to be the number one guy or at least a 2.
He will be 31 this season. He may think that way, but it doesn't sound like it with his recent comments. Sounds more like he is just looking to be on a team that's in the mix to win it all. That could be any of 8-10 teams (what most people would assume). I don't think he cares about being a #1. I think his experience with an immature guy like Murray rubbed him the wrong way. He had Watson before - another loser (but for different reasons). I don't think he mentioned him in that interview either, but could be wrong...didn't watch it....just saw some names

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Anybody who doesn't want to do this hates my boy Prescott.
people are not paying attention. Hopkins is an absolute BEAST. The first game back last year he had like 14 catches. Last season was a disaster in AZ for qb...... you add hopkins to the Cowboys, and that would clearly be the best WR corps in the entire league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OBJ missed 17 games last year...I also don't understand where this idea that Hopkins hasn't been productive is even coming from, especially compared to OBJ. Dating to the beginning of 2020:

DHop: 35 games, 6.3 rec, 77 yards, .5 TD, 69.1% catch rate
OBJ: 25 games, 3.68 rec, 47 yards, .4 TD, 60.6% catch rate

OBJ had a nice little playoff run but I don't see why that supercedes everything else.
He missed the entire season last year because he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl in February 2022. Hopkins has been dealing with an assortment of injuries the past two seasons, including hamstring injuries that have kept him out of the lineup. If you’re so enamored with Hopkins how come no one traded for him and he was released?

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
To be clear I think he's a terrific fit lol, and I don't care if it means Tolbert, Fehoko, Cropper, or whoever doesn't make the roster.

I just think there are places that will give him a lot more targets and/or a lot more money.

Oh yeah, he’s not coming here. Dez just needs to feel like the center of attention sometimes, lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Calling it right now. If we do this we win the Super Bowl. If we don't we are the same pretender we've been for too long.

The stakes are high.
The stakes are high... but listening to people dismiss Hopkins shows how low the football IQ is around here.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not dismissing Hopkins but I think we can all agree he's not at his peak anymore. Having said that he will help somebody's offense immensely.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Situational play calling was the problem....we don't need him, we need another back. That's what I would have preferred.
I mean, who could possibly use a top WR like Hopkins...... and yes, I said TOP WR. Anyone that thinks Hopkins isnt a top wr isnt paying attention. Dude played in az last year that had a disaster at qb the 2nd half of the season.