Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing with Hopkins is he's an outstanding contested catch receiver. It'd be like having Dez back.

This makes too much sense. Too many real weapons. We're liable to beat the 49ers this time around.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I was good with Cooks before the draft so long as Hopkins couldn't be had for a 5th or less. :confused: Had the Cowboys known this was going to happen, they may have waited. It would shock me if they have any interest in Hopkins or Cook now...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The thing with Hopkins is he's an outstanding contested catch receiver. It'd be like having Dez back.

This makes too much sense. Too many real weapons. We're liable to beat the 49ers this time around.

Not in the budget, sorry.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
With diggs Micah ceedee and dak coming up on new deals it’s hard to justify spending a lot on Hopkins. Could sign him to a one year deal and then possibly release Gallup next offseason?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is the kind of skill position upgrade the QB needs. Cooks AND Hopkins.

Go all in and do it. TUT TUT! Do it.
XUdOII5.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

It makes so much sense that it would never be something we would be serious about.

There are what makes sense and then there is Cowboys sense/cents.

Jerry Jones and probably Stephen Jones as well, want to be recognized as wise at talent evaluation even when we know they are not.

Therefore the draft is far better for them to satisfy the credit fetish than just simply throwing money at it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think he plays for the min, but def for a team friendly deal.
He’ll definitely get more than the minimum, but he’s going to have to accept a reasonable one year deal. Doubt anyone will commit to him past this upcoming season.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, who could possibly use a top WR like Hopkins...... and yes, I said TOP WR. Anyone that thinks Hopkins isnt a top wr isnt paying attention. Dude played in az last year that had a disaster at qb the 2nd half of the season.
I never said he wasn't a TOP WR....stop crying. Jeez

Mannix

Reaction score
Not understanding this conversation....trade chips for who???