Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hopkins just doesn't want to be there and the Cardinals didn't want to pay him. Cut bait and move on.
exactly... this has zero to do with his talent level. Hopkins made it clear with his QB List that he was forcing his way out.... and it worked within 24 hrs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In his prime? Probably. Past two years had been injury prone. Gallup too, but Gallup is getting paid.

Plus doesn't sound like he wants to come here.

Wouldn't surprise me for him to go to Philly. Unfortunately
Holy cow.. are you serious?. Hopkins had a 6 years stretch where he was in the top 3 or 4 Wrs in the NFL. You are saying he MIGHT have been better than Cooks and Gallup? Cooks has never had more than 90 catches in a season.... 90 was an off year for Hopkins a few years back.

Last year he was suspended due to PEDs for the first 6 games and he had a tweaked hammy that cost him two games. If you expand his stats from 9 games he played, including 3 or 4 with absolutely HORRIBLE qb play with Murray out, he would have had 112 catches and over 1300 yards... this was LAST SEASON. The guy in Dallas would give dallas the best WR corps in the entire damn league.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not as.productive as he used to be, but a good 3rd or 4th WR and in case of injuries. Depends on the cost. But slight over pay is fine.
I cant... I just cant deal with this stuff. Youd think people that come in here during the off season would be totally into football. Hopkins a 3rd or 4th WR on this team??????? WE arent talking about Bernard Hopkins.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Totally not going to happen. I know JJ & co. all to well folks.............moving on from this. IMO would be a good thing but JJ & crew will sit back and he will be playing for shegles and burn us. Groundhog day Cowboys nation.

slick325

Reaction score

First one is a shot at Murray lol. Dude really has alienated a lot of players with his personality and lack of dedication to the game.

Strangely, Dallas checks off every box. Prescott is a good leader and players rally around him. The defense should be better this season. And we all know the GM of this team is like a Supreme Court Justice, there for life. Can't get more stable than that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are cutting Jalen if we sign him. That literally means we gave ^ on him. I must say, I wanna sign him badly though. I just don't see us doing that. Then, how much does he want?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Strangely, Dallas checks off every box. Prescott is a good leader and players rally around him. The defense should be better this season. And we all know the GM of this team is like a Supreme Court Justice, there for life. Can't get more stable than that.
BUT he will want the bag. Dont forget that, if we get him, we are paying him more than Cooks. How will that set with him? He will be wr 3. What then with Gallup? Who we trading or cutting?

Rayman70

Reaction score
he will command big $. At least 18 mil with a 1 year deal. Fully guaranteed. The wr room is already full.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Between Dak and WR's getting under the salary cap is impossible if the Cowboys sign Hopkins.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No offense... but a battle for number 3? in my best john McEnroe impression..... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS. A healthy Hopkins and he is 1 or 1a on this team. There are people that clearly do not watch many non cowboys games on this forum... due to my love of fantasy football, I watch a LOT OF NFL GAMES. Hopkins healthy and he is not just a pretty good WR, he is dominant.
A number three receiver is a starter these days, It’s a big role. Dez played the slot when he first got here. If the Cowboys were to add Hopkins, it creates a dilemma, because a pretty good receiver is going to end up the fourth receiver. The Cowboys certainly didn’t trade for Cooks to make him the fourth receiver. He does have an advantage over Hopkins because we traded for him and he’s been here the past two months working with the team. Gallup would likely be the odd man out and the Cowboys would probably try and trade him. However, based on his performance last season I don’t see them getting much value for him. Even when healthy Hopkins isn’t what he was, so let’s keep it real. No way would he have been released 3 years ago.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cant... I just cant deal with this stuff. Youd think people that come in here during the off season would be totally into football. Hopkins a 3rd or 4th WR on this team??????? WE arent talking about Bernard Hopkins.
This stuff shows Cowboys fans dont follow anyone but Dallas. Anyone that watched Hopkins actually play last year could easily see that he is still one of the 5 best WR's in football. He was on pace for 120 catches 1,350 yards

Reid1boys

Reaction score
doesnt matter.........after Cooks, Gallup, Lamb and Hopkins it doesnt really matter who is left. Whoever can play special teams you keep. Id be SHOCKED if Tolbert ever does squat. Dude couldnt even get a jersey last year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This stuff shows Cowboys fans dont follow anyone but Dallas. Anyone that watched Hopkins actually play last year could easily see that he is still one of the 5 best WR's in football. He was on pace for 120 catches 1,350 yards
Yep.... I watched him.... i think against the Niners and it looked like he was out playing against Jr High kids.... open... and I mean OPEN by like 5-6 yards . He is a stud and would absolutely give us a dominant wr corps. Actually, probably the best ever for the Cowboys. He would be such a hug plus in so many ways. Anyone that said he would be 3rd or 4th wr should just be banned from commenting for 30 days for being a clown. He would immediately be 1 or 1a with cee dee.