Cardinals waive TE Zach Ertz

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Howie Roseman: Welcome back to Philly, Zach.
I could see it depending on how long Goedert is out. I see that he might return this weekend, though.

Carson

Reaction score
Not sure of his contract status.. may not make it off waivers.
Contract isn’t terrible
A team considering an Ertz claim would be responsible for just more than $2.5MM in remaining base salary. Teams can certainly afford this claim, and Ertz’s productive past should at least prompt teams to consider it. Ertz is due a $7.96MM base salary in 2024, but that amount is nonguaranteed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will want to go to a playoff team. If not claimed from waivers.
He did not make an impact in Arizona. Then again look at the QB's he had, while Murray was injured. Even with Murray, did he do much?

But shouldn't he be able to help the QB as well?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Contract isn’t terrible
A team considering an Ertz claim would be responsible for just more than $2.5MM in remaining base salary. Teams can certainly afford this claim, and Ertz’s productive past should at least prompt teams to consider it. Ertz is due a $7.96MM base salary in 2024, but that amount is nonguaranteed.
thank you. Doesn't sound bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens make the claim at that price.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Says he's still on IR?
Yes, he was eligible to be activated off IR this week. Instead of activating him off IR and cutting another player on the 53 I guess they decided to release him since he wanted to be released.

quickccc

Reaction score
I could see it depending on how long Goedert is out. I see that he might return this weekend, though.
perhaps one of Goedert's backups ?

or does Zach want to have a chance to start on a playoff contender ?

mote

Reaction score
Would he go back to Philly after they him go?
He's still popular in Philly after scoring the winning TD in the SuperBowl, and I don't think he left on bad terms, so why not? With Goedert coming back from injury, he could be a viable back up option. I'd release Julio Jones and pick up Ertz, since Jones seems mostly a back-up/decoy at this point.

quickccc

Reaction score
Would he go back to Philly after they him go?
I figured if Philly did sign the cleared waivers Zach Ertz, he'd be under the vet minimum on a 1 year rental
for remaining of the '23 season.

just my guess work.