Cargo Ship strikes Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge causing great collapse

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So u preferred it when only the legacy media had a voice? That then was total control over the People. Today Governments are very very concerned that they no longer have 100% control of what gets decimated. The internet has made us free’er which makes many very concerned/unhappy. Such a beautiful thing!
I think the answer is yet to be determined and can’t be answered with a simple yes or no. There are a lot of obvious benefits to open information and transparency. But I’m also realistic about people. Sort of going to TP’s point about no bad tech, just bad people. Like all things, I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Don’t disrupt the renaissance of information, but maybe need more controls in place to combat unforeseen consequences.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm all for a good conspiracy theory as long as it isn't a direct smack in the face to victims and families of the incident like the Sandy Hook incident for example.

I've gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole on this a bit, but struggle to find a motive that makes sense. It clearly wasn't meant to be a mass casualty event as police had time to at least minimize the loss of life, and this was done at a time when traffic would be at a minimum. I've heard theories that this bridge was along a route the military has used to get supplies to Ukraine via boat, but I don't understand how collapsing a section of bridge shuts down the water travel, especially for the military. I've heard it's just a flex by a foreign government to show the US they can hack into these ships or planes anytime they want, which does sound somewhat realistic. Or my favorite is that it's the Obamas because....well no one really knows but they made that movie.
I'm focusing on what that Port is used for.
It is the largest Port for farming equipment, etc.
It wasn't about mass casualties.

For clarity, I realize sometimes an accident is just that, an accident. However, there has been a lot of sketchy stuff
happening the last 3-4 years. I have trouble believing an 800 ton ship drifting, no power, can make a hard turn such as it did in the video.

Maybe it was, in fact, just an accident but I think
everything should be questioned.

RoboQB

Reaction score
State of Maryland could lose up to $15 million a day
because of this. Also, our "leader" comes out and immediately claims the federal government will pay for
the rebuild. Why is the shipping company not being held responsible? Accident, or not, it's still there fault.

1942willys

Reaction score
State of Maryland could lose up to $15 million a day
because of this. Also, our "leader" comes out and immediately claims the federal government will pay for
the rebuild. Why is the shipping company not being held responsible? Accident, or not, it's still there fault.
was not the ship insured? Both it and whatever damage it might do? iF so bill them; if not why not?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm focusing on what that Port is used for.
It is the largest Port for farming equipment, etc.
It wasn't about mass casualties.

For clarity, I realize sometimes an accident is just that, an accident. However, there has been a lot of sketchy stuff
happening the last 3-4 years. I have trouble believing an 800 ton ship drifting, no power, can make a hard turn such as it did in the video.

Maybe it was, in fact, just an accident but I think
everything should be questioned.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just yet to hear a theory that truly adds up. I have to imagine that shipping lanes wont be closed for too long so I'm just struggling to understand the motive. Just because I don't understand a motive doesn't mean something fishy isn't going on though.

The video looks very odd to me too, but I've heard from many people in the industry who say otherwise. I'm open to the idea of this being a planned event I just need more before I really run with that thought.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you, I'm just yet to hear a theory that truly adds up. I have to imagine that shipping lanes wont be closed for too long so I'm just struggling to understand the motive. Just because I don't understand a motive doesn't mean something fishy isn't going on though.

The video looks very odd to me too, but I've heard from many people in the industry who say otherwise. I'm open to the idea of this being a planned event I just need more before I really run with that thought.
I appreciate the response. I'm trying to keep the tinfoil hat off but, man, there's some crazy schtuff going on.

They said it would take six weeks to remove the debri.
That seems too long. They also claimed it would take
up to ten years to rebuild the bridge. It only took 3 years
to build the Harry Nice bridge (in Maryland). It is a much bigger bridge than the FSK bridge.

rags747

Reaction score
China would have that bridge rebuilt or brand new in 12 months. No unions to dick around with, the Chinese love to work around the clock. Maybe we should hire them to build us a bridge!

RoboQB

Reaction score
China would have that bridge rebuilt or brand new in 12 months. No unions to dick around with, the Chinese love to work around the clock. Maybe we should hire them to build us a bridge!
When you consider that the ship is from Singapore, yes, that's exactly who should be paying for it, at least.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been involved in a few mega-scale construction projects and, looking at the video of the collapse bridge, I can't help but believe that the salvage operation alone will take many months. Many of the cranes that will be involved are highly specialized and not all that common... I doubt any of them are simply idling away somewhere, meaning, if cranes and other salvage equipment are mobilized to Baltimore there will be a knock-on effect in other construction sites. And, mind you, I haven't watch but a very few of the pressers so, I have no idea what those in charge are saying about the salvage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been involved in a few mega-scale construction projects and, looking at the video of the collapse bridge, I can't help but believe that the salvage operation alone will take many months. Many of the cranes that will be involved are highly specialized and not all that common... I doubt any of them are simply idling away somewhere, meaning, if cranes and other salvage equipment are mobilized to Baltimore there will be a knock-on effect in other construction sites. And, mind you, I haven't watch but a very few of the pressers so, I have no idea what those in charge are saying about the salvage.
I would assume that the clean up needs to be extremely thorough, since you don't want pieces of steel suddenly sticking up, a year or five down the road.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IMG-1371.jpg
:thumbup: Nice article. I'm sure there are quite a few captains who narrowly avoided a miss. I've been on those cargo ships, they are no joke. They're no aircraft carrier, but the largest cargo and oil ships are pretty impressive too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who does anyone trust to actually speak the truth anymore? The Main Stream Media is hopelessly corrupt. The Government lies all the time. The Government is the one crying misinformation when they spew more than anyone else.
I let most things go in one ear and out the other, unless it's something important to me, in which case I use a combination of common sense, healthy skepticism, and research.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some irony for you...
The term, conspiracy theory, was first used by the alphabet army (CIA, FBI) to combat insiders, journalists, etc. who were suggesting that JFK was murdered by the CIA. Then they buried all documentation for 50 years,
probably in some guy's garage next to his corvette with personalized tags that say "BIG GUY".

If someone "in the know" can explain away how an 800 ton ship with no power can turn 90 degrees into a bridge pillar, that would be great. (Office Space meme)
Didn't I read that they dropped the anchor on the left side? Or did someone make that up?

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need to enact common sense cargo ship control.

These high powered and high capacity cargo ships have no business in the helmsmanship of civilians.

How many more bridges must we lose before we get these weapons of destruction off our rivers?

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We need to enact common sense cargo ship control.

These high powered and high capacity cargo ships have no business in the helmsmanship of civilians.

How many more bridges must we lose before we get these weapons of destruction off our rivers?
How many have we lost so far?