Twitter: Carl Lawson (Auburn DE) wants Dallas to draft him

rd26

Reaction score
I'm certainly no scout, but I have seen practically every Auburn snap in the last 45 years.

I'm not terribly worried about Lawson's injuries. He blew an ACL (it happens), then he had some kind of hip socket fracture almost as soon as he came back. The later was supposed to be career threatening but he was back on the field (at about 60%) in a few weeks.

He's had no hamstring, groin, back, ankle or concussion issues. Those are the ones that usually scare me off.

For the bad news. While Lawson would be a 10/10 for leadership, character, work ethic, etc. He just does not have the stature or instincts to be a pro bowler imo.

He can consistently generate pressure, but is terrible at finishing sacks. He struggles mightily against elite tackles, and Auburn moved him around constantly to compensate.

He will be a great situational player, and probably a good pro. I don't think he has first round measurables. He's probably worth a shot at 60, or maybe even with a trade down into the mid 2nd. Not at 28.

Monty Adams on the other hand, more people should be talking about imo.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he's DL #28 for the combine.

If you asked me to give you three players most likely to be the pick at 28 should the Cowboys actually pick there I would say Peppers, Harris or Lawson.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
No he wouldn't. What tape available on YouTube shows his top 10 ability?
Dude is a first round pick just off ability. If he had played more games the numbers would be off the charts. Dude is a baller off the edge. I would be extremely happy to get him at 60. Would be amazing steal

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm certainly no scout, but I have seen practically every Auburn snap in the last 45 years.

I'm not terribly worried about Lawson's injuries. He blew an ACL (it happens), then he had some kind of hip socket fracture almost as soon as he came back. The later was supposed to be career threatening but he was back on the field (at about 60%) in a few weeks.

He's had no hamstring, groin, back, ankle or concussion issues. Those are the ones that usually scare me off.

For the bad news. While Lawson would be a 10/10 for leadership, character, work ethic, etc. He just does not have the stature or instincts to be a pro bowler imo.

He can consistently generate pressure, but is terrible at finishing sacks. He struggles mightily against elite tackles, and Auburn moved him around constantly to compensate.

He will be a great situational player, and probably a good pro. I don't think he has first round measurables. He's probably worth a shot at 60, or maybe even with a trade down into the mid 2nd. Not at 28.

Good information man. Thanks for sharing.

To me it is great info to find a fan who watches a college team closely and can let us know what they think of a particular draft prospect. I've watched many of the prospect (and will continue to do so as the run-up to the draft continues)... but Lawson is a guy I haven't really looked at very much.

Your point about his injuries no worrying you too much is a good one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well in case we draft him at 28 I have to ask you, what team do you run?