Carl Lawson contract details

Hoov

Reaction score
i don't think it will be an issue. It will look different. Our D this year will be more about stopping the run than about rushing the QB especially on the early downs. So you won't have 4 guys rushing the passer every play, gettign out of run lanes and losing containment on every single play. The Viking D consistently outperformed the Cowboys in sacks per year duing the Zimmer years.
Yes. I believe the philosophy will be stop the run and prevent big pass plays, keep everything in front of you. Make the other team dink and dunk their way down field hoping they are tacked short, miss a pass on 3rd and 5 etc. Make them grind it out every drive. A more conservative approach.

They’ll need to do play real good red zone defense though for this team to have success with this philosophy.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why? Not everyone is a leader.....some leaders aren't good players. Which do you think is more important? Do what your coach tells you to do and play football.
I've been on record saying this team will go nowhere unless a current all pro defender becomes a leader or we get an all pro free agent defender to be one. If you're fine with a defense with no leader good for you.......

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been on record saying this team will go nowhere unless a current all pro defender becomes a leader or we get an all pro free agent defender to be one. If you're fine with a defense with no leader good for you.......
He's not the only one playing defense....you can't force leadership on a player....either he has it or not. If you think you can force him to lead, good for you....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He's not the only one playing defense....you can't force leadership on a player....either he has it or not. If you think you can force him to lead, good for you....
maybe if I say it slower you'll comprehend. I doubt it though Either....he...becomes...a....leader....or.....we.....have......to......get......one......if......not.......we'll.......always......fail.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe if I say it slower you'll comprehend. I doubt it though Either....he...becomes...a....leader....or.....we.....have......to......get......one......if......not.......we'll.......always......fail.
Now you're being........ stupid....

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all of the Cowboys’ linebackers will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I congratulate you. You have an eye for football talent.
They got a damn good group. It amazes me how dumb the general public is.

Creeper

Reaction score
Are we going to see him get some playing time against the Chargers? I am curious to see what he looks like.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Really hope it works out with Lawson and Al Quaid Muhammed ,,as we really need some kind of quality
depth with the losses of Williams and Fowler.

Chauncey and Fehoko (Uggh) are just not gonna give us anything at edge DE,...
In fact, I'm about ready to move on from Feheko.
Golston and Vehoko. Wasted picks. Neither had a position they were good at in college. And still dont. To have position flex you need to be good at least one position first.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

While this is a cheap deal (the only type we do for outside FAs), it also shows why we signed Shaka Toney first. His contract was one-year, $1.5 million. It's likely the Joneses had to bend some to get Lawson to sign.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Are we going to see him get some playing time against the Chargers? I am curious to see what he looks like.
I would guess that he will. Phillips got some time last week and that was without any practice time. Maybe Joseph will play as well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Golston and Vehoko. Wasted picks. Neither had a position they were good at in college. And still dont. To have position flex you need to be good at least one position first.
Quinn wanted guys who could rush the passer from the inside and saw both Golston and Fehoko as those types of guys. Quinn's scheme was stop the run on the way to the quarterback. Zimmer wants more traditional tackles. In his scheme, Golston and Fehoko are primarily run-down ends. He tried to see if they could handle what he asks of his tackles and they could not, so he got Phillips and Huggins.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Quinn wanted guys who could rush the passer from the inside and saw both Golston and Fehoko as those types of guys. Quinn's scheme was stop the run on the way to the quarterback. Zimmer wants more traditional tackles. In his scheme, Golston and Fehoko are primarily run-down ends. He tried to see if they could handle what he asks of his tackles and they could not, so he got Phillips and Huggins.
Fehoko was the worst defensive player on the field Saturday of those being considered for a roster spot

gimmesix

Reaction score
Fehoko was the worst defensive player on the field Saturday of those being considered for a roster spot
I think we'll still give him a PS spot and one more year, but he didn't really do anything to deserve it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know what to think. What does anyone think we're getting out of these close to league minimum players? They're not motivated, close to the end of their careers, and just looking for all they can earn until it's over. This is what Dallas gets to stop the run? This is no different than the Aldon Smith, Poe, Griffen signings. How does building with cheap parts ever work out? You get what you pay for. The NFL is no different.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I think we'll still give him a PS spot and one more year, but he didn't really do anything to deserve it.
So long Fehoko. Now we need a Golston replacement. There has to be a real JAG to replace a below avg JAG out there. Golston is trash.