Carp or Manny

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
I agree. Carpenter helps now, all over the field. Why take a chance Lawson will "learn" the other duties. Also, speed in youth can cover up flaws. Soon, if you do not develop those other skills, those flaws will come out.

but you also have to consider that the draft isn't about what a rookie will do in the 1st year, it's about his long-term impact on your club, and what it could be, which is why Lawson's impeccable athletic ability, and potentially higher ceiling, may give him an edge over Carpenter

sacase

Reaction score
I would take Lawson in a heartbeat. The guy runs a 4.4 I mean if he makes a mistake he can cover it with his speed. He has walked down RB's in the past coming from the blind side, plus he has long arms to keep people off of him. He is hard to block if you cant' get to him. He will secure the outside.

One thing that people fail to realize is that he went against Ferguson and I belive he had one, possibly more sacks against him. I am not saying he dominated him, but it was about 50/50 and Furguson is supposed to be the best OT coming out this year.

WAREWOLFE94

Reaction score
With his lack of weight he is somewhat of a liability against the run, that is why he will be an o.l.b,where he does not have to take on huge blockers on a cosistant basis. At the lber position he would be freed up to do the things he can do best more often and more creatively, he can be used as a combo blitzing linebacker/ rush end in known passing situations, and he can be used in the defense in numerous ways by the coaches and coordinator. Lawson posses the agility in the hips, mobility, quickness and lateral movement to make a good outside linebacker.Nobody knows how much weight Lawson can add to his frame on the next level,not even Manny..but with his frame i see no reason he could'nt add 15 or 20 lb's.I like this kid myself,only question i have will he fall to the 18th spot..if he does i hope the Cowboy's stay put and draft him.

1137.gif

WAREWOLFE94

Reaction score
Sacase like your sig! Juke does good work...I'm hopeing he will do one for the Warewolfe94...his sig's are off the hook!

1137.gif

sacase

Reaction score
WAREWOLFE94 said:
Sacase like your sig! Juke does good work...I'm hopeing he will do one for the Warewolfe94...his sig's are off the hook!

1137.gif

Yeah Juke hooked me up real nice. He did the work quick too, I was suprised, but thanks for the compliment.