Carpenter = Romanowski

StoneyBurk

Reaction score
Is Bobby Carpenter another Bill Romonowski ? They are both VERY intense and although Romo was never great he was very good for a long time

TheHustler

Reaction score
Hope he doesn't spit in anyones face....

or bash a teammates face in during practice.....

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Is Bobby Carpenter another Bill Romonowski ? They are both VERY intense and although Romo was never great he was very good for a long time

Geez, you only got that idiot to compare with? :banghead: How about maybe another Ohio State LBer Chris Spielman, who was also intense on the field? ;)

StoneyBurk

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Geez, you only got that idiot to compare with? :banghead: How about maybe another Ohio State LBer Chris Spielman, who was also intense on the field? ;)
Because Spielman was a mike lb. I picked Romo because he was a very productive OLB for a long time. I,m talking strickly football here not that other crap.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Because Spielman was a mike lb. I picked Romo because he was a very productive OLB for a long time. I,m talking strickly football here not that other crap.

His football activities included thugery. So not sure what other crap is there? He was thug on the field and seemingly off the field.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
yeah, if you take out the roids and the the poor sportsmanship I'd be ok if Carp has as good a career as Romo.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I'll cringe if Carpenter takes a page out of Romonowski's book and only refers to himself in 3rd person.:insane:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:

Not sure where this is coming from Carpenter has not caused any problems at OSU and this notion of him being cocky is 1 person opinion. Judge him on his action not someone opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carp is twice the athlete Romo and Speilman were... If he comes close to them as a player we'll all be tickled.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. If I were going to compare him, I'd probably compare him to a guy like Jeff Logeman or a physically more talented Jack Del Rio. Real smart, real tough, physical LB but much more gifted athletically.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that comparison.

I HATE romanowski. arrogant and a poor sport.

Champsheart

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:

Good lord I hope not!

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I"m going with Kevin Green. They will play a similar position and have similar builds, although I think Carp may have a tad more AA. I don't mean the drinks. :D

cstanton1987

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Carpenter's on Steroids? :eek:
Thats the first thing I thought. Then I thought Carpenter spits on people. Then I thought Carpenter beats the **** out of his teammates. Can Carpenter not be compared to any Black linebackers who have had good careers?

2much2soon

Reaction score
Romanowski was a talented LBer. It speaks to his character that a guy as good as him got shipped around to as many teams as he did. If he wasn't such a jerk he would of spent his whole, or most of, career in SF.

Big D

Reaction score
cstanton1987 said:
Thats the first thing I thought. Then I thought Carpenter spits on people. Then I thought Carpenter beats the **** out of his teammates. Can Carpenter not be compared to any Black linebackers who have had good careers?

No doubt. I'm hoping for a bigger, faster Ken Norton.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
I"m going with Kevin Green. They will play a similar position and have similar builds, although I think Carp may have a tad more AA. I don't mean the drinks. :D

No, not Green. Green was a great pass rusher but not really anything else. I think Carpenter is going to be an all around LB.

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
There are very few people in the NFL that I wouldn't want on the Cowboys if it meant a better shot at the title. For example, didn't care about TO's problems, as long as they didn't invest too much in him.

But I'd have a hard time rooting for any team with Romo on it. Dude is a prick. Don't care what the intentions were, but comparing romo to carpenter is disgusting.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
No, not Green. Green was a great pass rusher but not really anything else. I think Carpenter is going to be an all around LB.
I don't recall Green ever being asked to do anything but rush the QB. While with the Rams, Pitts and Panthers all he did was rush.

I guess I'm comparing Greens legendary rush ability to Carp rush potential. Plus they are similar builds (Green 6'3" 248lbs) and both have good football temperments. Also, I did say Carp had better AA which should translate into him being a better cover Backer in both Zone and Man.

I just don't remember Green in coverage that much. Same for Greg Lloyd.